Chapter 15

"I don't know what to say." Was the first thing Dad said to be when we got home. The school called him immediately after my little outburst. They were just as shocked by it as he was and he spoke to them for nearly an hour while I was stowed away in another room. I didn't worry. I didn't even feel the slightest bit guilty or regretful, or even guilty that I didn't feel guilty. It was all worth it- even the slight throbbing pain on my knuckles and the fading sting in my hand. Dad must have pulled a lot of ropes and gave this everything he had because by the time he was done talking, the school was strangely understanding.

"We're sorry for what happened." They said.

"Everything is alright now. We've cleared it up." They said.

"Would you like some chocolate milk?" They said.

Okay so I did accept the milk because mine fell when my hands found a new purpose, but you got the picture. Dad drove back home strangely slowly and his hands were relaxed around the wheel. For a second I thought that he was going to leave everything as it was and forget it all, but obviously I was mistaken.

"Arabelle, what got into you? That was nothing like you." He questioned.

"Dad, they came by to take my friends away. They were insulting me in the process but I didn't give them anything for that. It didn't matter to me. But then they started to become aggressive towards my . . . friends. I wouldn't let them do that. They deserved it and I have no regrets." I explained myself to him. I almost said mate, which was a close save.

"You can't just go around beating up pack members though. That is not how you solve things." He argued.

"Alright. I know it wasn't the best thing to do. It was incredibly stupid of me, but they were being very insulting and stepping out of line. I had to put them in place dad, it's for the future of the pack." I admitted to him and I felt a little down.

He sighed. "I can tell you are hiding something from me again. I don't know why you are doing that but I know that eventually you will come around. I'm going to be talking to their parents and I will set this straight. And you are excused from apologizing but only this time. Next time something like this happens, you will have to face the consequences, Arabelle. No more easy way out."

"I know dad. I'll try not to let anything like this happen again in the future. I will think before I act and I will make the most reasonable move." In my defense, that was the most reasonable move. How did they not even see that coming? I had a limit to my patience and they were bothering me for a quiet a long time. Oh well, I hoped the new additions I did to each of their looks taught them a lesson and will keep them away from my path in the future.

I unlocked the door to my house and walked inside. Dad having to come and talk to staff at school took so much time that we left minutes before the school was dismissed so it kind of felt like a normal day, aside from the fact that I was a little in trouble. I grabbed myself something to drink and sat at the dining table to finish my homework. I wanted to get everything done and out of the way so Bryn and I could work however long we needed. We were already behind because we didn't do any work over the weekend and I missed the work period in class today. The presentation would start by the end of this week, we still have to memorize. If it were anyone else, I'd be a tiny bit stressed out because I usually end up doing all the work and now I have the added pressure of work I needed to catch up, a mate I needed to slowly seduce, traitors who kept bothering me and the new addition- whatever gossip or aftermath from my little fight today. For some reason I felt strangely calm. Tyler said that Bryn was smart, so maybe for once I would share the work load instead of having to carry it all on my own. That would make the working process twice as fast. Also we could meet a lot outside of school, which was a plus because working in class didn't offer much privacy for me to multitask and try to wiggle my way into his mind. Maybe by the end of the week and after all that time working I could ask him to go somewhere and maybe he would say yes.