Chapter 20

Those jerks gave me chicken pox.

I don't know what type of crap they made and threw at me, but the tiny bit of stuff that hit me managed to give me something I've avoided for 17 years. I couldn't stop scratching at it when it first broke out and that only made it worse. Really, only when I scratched something enough that it started to bleed, I stopped and wrapped bandages around my fingers so they wouldn't scratch anymore. It was not cool at all. I had to stay home all week, with my friends including Bryn and Erik sometimes (though they were reluctant at first because coming over seemed weird) visiting me at times and bringing me work to do. I would not enjoy catching up with this stuff; a few days and a week were completely different. I saw what it did to Ty, Char, and Cor, and I was totally not looking forward to it. Goodbye homework! I am ready to fail my senior year!

The only plus side in the situation was that I had them visiting me every day. Bryn was around here for some reason when mom was out, so she never got a chance to meet him. Dad didn't really pay attention to him either, but that was also fine because I'd want him to have a better introduction to my parents, a proper one. Each of my friends and my family members has already had this so they could all chill with me without a problem. They came by with stories to tell me and to do random entertaining things even if I couldn't do anything but watch. They brought food too, and mom made some. It was basically like lunch was brought home, only I was dying.

God, Natasha, Olive and Becca really did suck. My friends offered to do something to them, but I told them no. Those three would get what they deserved eventually.

I sat on my favourite couch in the living room with my legs swung over one side and my back resting against the other. It was a good day for me and I felt like I could be productive with all my home time. I had a notepad on my lap and a pen in my hand, ready to make the list I didn't have time to do yet. I was actually going to do this Monday afternoon, but it seemed to be impossible to do when every part of you was on fire. I took the pen and began to write.

________________________________________________________________________

Friends:

Jules

Cory

Tyler

Charlies

Bryn

Erik

Enemies/Rivals:

Natasha

Olive

Becca

?:

Reid- ulterior motive, may or may not be reliable, mostly unreliable

Liam- ?

The new shifter

________________________________________________________________________

I stopped and looked over the paper again. This list was just a way to sort out my mind. I didn't know why I put the new shifter down, but a part of me felt like they belonged somewhere on the list. I just hope it isn't some evil girl who would fit perfectly into the middle section, making the annoying trio a quartet. I doodled little pictures beside their names and was sure to emphasize all the ugly parts. It was an exact replica. My art almost seemed to be a bit comical. Ha.

"Are you okay, Arie?" Mom asked as she walked by the living room. She sounded to be a bit concerned. I looked up at her. I hadn't really told her how I got sick in the first place and it didn't really seem to bother her. She was just glad that I got it now rather than later on, only I seemed to cause as much as problems as the triplets have altogether when they were like this. Why couldn't I have gotten it when they did? We could have had an awesome time, well they probably did anyways. Now they were far away from me because they don't seem to recall when they were like this and are afraid that they could catch it no matter how much we tell them otherwise.