Chapter 9

I ran around with mom trying to make sure everything was ready. In a couple of hours we managed to do a lot- we really did make a good mother-daughter team. The party would be happening in a circle of land which was a little behind the Alpha and Beta homes. We had hung up decorations and brought out some picnic tables which women coming would put food on. The triplets collected sticks which we would use to make a bonfire in the fire pit that was surrounded by large stones. Nothing was left untouched.

"Looks good." Mom said as she put a cloth on the last table.

"Yeah it does." I agreed with her. We did good this month with the decorations and I was pretty sure the whole pack would agree as well.

"Well then. Go in and get ready. We have to be out here when people start coming." She told me and I left. I didn't have to be told again. I fell off a tree and straight into mud while hanging lanterns- I was dying for a bath.

I walked back to my room and got into the shower. It would be a while until the first of the pack members get here and mom would be ready anyways to greet them so I took my sweet time. The hot water caressed my skin and steam was overfilling my bathroom when I got out. I didn't really feel like going dressy so I just put on a nice long top, legging and several silver bracelets. I put on some make-up to give me confidence and flats as well. I didn't need heals today, I could be tall even without them. I looked outside and it seemed to still be too early for anyone to have arrived so I grab my phone and jump on my bed.

I scrolled down my chat messages and clicked on the one titled Liam's Surprised Birthday. Everyone but Liam was in it from when we were planning his birthday a couple years back and it wasn't used since. After kicking Becca out from the group –which she probably wouldn't notice, I sent a text message.

Me: Hey guys

I waited for a few minutes to pass after my message and the immediately wondered why I sent it in the first place. I would see Jules in a little while and the rest of the guys were probably stressed out still.

Jules: Arie, I don't know if I should put on the white leather jacket or the black one

I think for one second and then get back to her.

Me: The white one for sure.

Jules: Thanks. Are you ready?

Me: Yup, everything is all set too. Nobody is here yet though.

Jules: Oh! Okay. I'll be there in 7 minutes.

Me: 7? That's weird.

Jules: Trust me on this.

Charlie: Hey guys.

Me: Hey Charlie!

Jules: Charlie!

Charlie: You guys missed me? XD..... Arie how are you doing?

Me: I'm doing fine. What's the situation there?

Charlie: Arie....

Me: what?

Charlie: Are you okay?

Me: Yes.

Charlie: Really....

Me: Yes I just said I was

Charlie: Sorry but you've got to see why it would be hard for me to believe that.

Me: No really. Ask Jules even, she won't lie.

Charlie: Jules?

Jules: Yeah, she's fine now.

Charlie: How on earth did that happen so fast?