Chapter 27

"I thought you said it's not a date." Jules laughed. I couldn't see her face but I knew that there had to be a smug look plastered right in the middle. I pressed my face harder into my pillow. Please absorb me.

"It's not!" I mumbled.

"The why are you screaming." There was a smile in Charlie's voice too.

"Because he said yes!" This time I actually screamed. That three letter word coming from his mouth was so important to me because it was so easy to get them from him, it was so easy even though it had one more letter than the word no, even though it had more commitment, more effort to it. And it's also a synonym for something I want to hear in the future, something that also has three letters: i d o.

"Your so... I don't even know what to call you." Jules replied.

"I. . . I am so unprepared." I finished for her. One of their hands patted my back, but it was probably Jules because it was gentle and not pounding.

"I think you need to remember life before Liam. You know, when you were eligible. Dating anyone and everyone?" Charlie suggested.

"Shhh. I don't think you should bring up Lia-"

"No, it's fine." I interrupted Jules. "And Charlie you can't say anything. Do you even remember life before Ty?" I rolled on to my back and peered at her.

She slumped forward and pouted a bit, the type I wish I could have flashed back at her through a mirror because she would have slapped herself. Charlie was against the whole 'female charm' since it made it seem like anything she achieved was not really because of her own skill- so things like batting her eye lashes, twirling her hair or this big pout were against her code. This one or those times she accidentally let go, it's because she's thinking about Ty. "No. . . Wow, I really am rusty."

"He's your mate. You don't need to date." I reminded her.

"Well, this is why I stayed out of long term relationships." Jules said.

"And you are also the one who is approaching her birthday but still have no idea where her mate is." Charlie pointed out

"Maybe I'm like Arie, human mate, shifting alone." Jules suggested.

"Nah, I barely survived that and that is only because of the Alpha blood. Also what are the odds that both of us are like this." I told her.

"What are the odds of you." Jules replied. She got up and went over to my closet.

"Touché."

"You know Jules, if you are really worried, Cory could help you through the shift. That loser hasn't found his mate either." I looked up at Charlie, and her dead panned face. Jules shrieked and dropped all the things in her arms. Charlie and I both start laughing as it seemed like Jules was having a fit to herself.

"I'll just ask the moon goddess to kill me in my shift. And this is not funny."

"You are right. We're just laughing because we don't find the extent of your rivalry with my brother amusing." Charlie corrected her.

Jules scowled at her and tossed her an old sweater. "You know what? Why don't you be quiet and useful."

"Calm down Jules, Cory is younger than you, well technically a year younger. Your mate has to be older and already shifted to help you. Even Bryn is older than me." I said. "Anyways, thank you both for this. You've completely distracted me and I think I'm ready to get ready."

"Are you sure it's not a date?" Jules teased. I threw a pillow at her.

"I don't even know why I asked for your help."