Ch. 4

There was a knock at my door, I'd expect it to be Lance or Cassy but they were already here. The guy standing at the door was someone I've never seen before. He had messy tousled hair and a French beard. He seems to be in his late teens.

"May I help you?" I asked cautiously.

"I heard you were looking to meet a certain someone. Is that correct?" He asked.

"Depends..are you the person I'm looking for?" My hands twitched, was he my parents' murderer?

"Oh no... I'm just a friend. My name's Ben by the way." He extended his hand.

I ignored it and continued to talk. "So then why are you here?"

"To arrange your meeting. Ryley prefers you come alone.." His eyes flicked behind me into the house. "..but doesn't mind you bringing your friends as long as you all behave."

"Ryley?" Lance suddenly appeared behind me.

"What does the name sound familiar?"

"Uh no... Not really."

"Anyway." Ben continued. "Ryley told me to take you guys to the location so if you're ready let's go."

"I'll go get Cassy." Lance said as he walked back inside.

Once Lance came back down with Cassy, he already started stating we shouldn't go.

"Oh and why not Lance?" I asked.

"Well you never know... Maybe you aren't prepared... And well it's my job to keep you safe and this seems a bit odd."

I know this is how he normally acts, but something seems different this time.. Like he's hiding something from me...

"I'm sure I can handle this Lance, thanks. Ben lead the way."

"Alright."

As we walked, Cassy seemed to get more and more worried. "Are you okay?" I asked her.

"Huh? Oh yea I'm fine... I just don't know how this is going to go and I don't want to see you get hurt."

"It's going to be fine as long as you're by my side." I smiled as I reached for her hand.

She blushed and gave my hand a squeeze. "Same here."

We walked for what seemed like forever, and Ben didn't seem to slow down.

"Are we there yet?" Cassy whined, and I couldn't help but smile at how childish she sounds.

"Almost." Ben answered. He glanced back at us, and his gaze fell on our clasped hands. "So who's the Domme?"

Cassy seemed confused, but I just glared at him. "And why do you ask?"

He shrugged, "Just curious." Typical. I rolled my eyes. I looked over at Cassy and her eyes got wide, I guess she figured out what he meant. She immediately looked down, and I could tell her face was getting red. This should be interesting. I smirked. "Cassy, care to tell him?"

Her head shot up instantly. "W-what? I-i don't know what you're talking about." She let go of my hand.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about." I whisper in her ear. She lightly shoved me away.

"Quit being nasty." She crossed her arms.

"Why? You've never told me to stop before." I smirk.

Her face got even redder, if even possible. "Oh my gosh! Just stoppp." She whined, covering her face with her hands. God she's adorable. I laughed slightly and she linked her arm with mine, interlocking our fingers, slightly leaning on me.

I looked over at Lance, who I forgot was here, and he was staring straight ahead, deep in thought.

A short while later, Ben said we had arrived. I completely forgot how we got here. In front of us was a normal looking building, two stories yet pretty big, in the middle of nowhere.

The inside was pretty spacious, he told us to follow him to Ryley's office. We've come this far and yet had no clue to whether Ryley is a male or female.

We stop in front of a door. This is it. The time has finally come. I'm sure all three of us are pretty nervous not knowing what's going to happen.

Ben was about to reach for the door when a girl came bursting out.

"Oh hey, Ben." She smiled. She looks younger than me, around 15. She has blonde hair that comes down to her shoulders, and her blue eyes twinkled playfully... She has an oversized shirt on and I'd hope some sort of shorts, but I can't really tell because of the shirt.

Ben leans in and kisses her, turning back to us he says "This is Peyton." He gestures to the girl. "And this is Cassy, Katherine, and Lance." He gestures to us. We all say hi to each other and Ben walks inside with all of us following.

Sitting at the desk was yet another girl. Ben says as we approach the desk. "Let me know if you need anything else." Ryley nods and he walks out with Peyton.

This is the person who killed my parents? I expected things to happen such as arguments, confusion, and possibly even a few swings at each other.

But what she said next caught me completely by surprise..