17. Rain, Rain, Go Away.

"Maybe rain drops are the bravest thing created by God.

Want to know why?

It's because they're Never Afraid of Falling."

_____________________________________

On the way back to the Castle,

Vampire World.

**

A loud screeching noise brought me out of my slumber.

Aware of the long distance from the Castle to the city, I had fallen asleep listening to the patternless rhythm of the falling rain drops on the car roof.

My eyes shot open as a sudden force pulled me forward. In my mind, I thanked the seatbelt I had on, or I would have flown out the windshield.
I turned my head to the left, raising my eyebrows at the King, "I know you hate me and all, but can you please let me sleep for a little while, your majesty."

He was surprised too as the car came to a halt. Letting out a curse, he turned his head and glared at me, "don't call me that."

"Don't call you what? Your majesty? Excuse me, weren't you the one who told me to call you that or you will, and I quote, slit my tongue in two."

I didn't understand this man at all.

A frustrated sigh came from him, "I did. But I hate it when you say it like that."

"Like what?" I questioned.

"Like you're mocking me or some shit! When everyone says it, you can hear the respect they have for me dripping through the words. But you, it sounds like an insult when those words come out of your mouth!" The King exclaimed.

For some strange reason, his words made me laugh, even though he was giving me a warning. The kind of laugh that I haven't experienced in a long while, the carefree one. Never in a million years would I have thought I would be laughing at something the King, the most feared Vampire, had said. My laughter took its time, as it died down to a faint giggle.

"Hehehe, so funny. Are you done?" There was no hint of humor in the King's words what so ever, but the way he copied my giggle, had me laughing out loud again.

"God, what did I ever do to you, for making me get stuck with some crazy human?" He looked up at the car roof, expecting some sort of reply.

"Stuck?"

What did he mean, getting stuck with me?

"Yes, if you still haven't noticed, human, we're stuck in the middle of nowhere. This piece of shit has decided to break down at the worst timing possible! Great, now I have to hear that disgusting heartbeat coming from you for much longer."

The situation we were in just made itself visible to me.

His car broke down.

It's pouring down rain.

I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere.

Stuck with the King.

But at the same time, some other thoughts hit me. And I realized this might just be the first and only time I can outsmart the King, "Can't you just teleport? Or use your phone to call your guards or whatever?"

"Do you think I'm stupid? Is that what you think of me? I've already tried calling but there's no service here, because we're surrounded by miles and miles of forest trees! Also, I cannot teleport either, I haven't fed enough to have the energy needed to complete the action. That leaves only one other choice, communicate through my mind, but for some twisted reason, I fucking can't. I don't know what the fuck is going on. It's like someone planned this stupid night to make me suffer." He kept going on and on about how much his life sucked, making me snicker.