19. Mysteries.

"You wake up every morning to fight the same demons that left you so tired the night before, and that, my love, is bravery."

______________________________________

The King's bedroom,

Crystaline Castle.

**

Soft fingers were gently caressing my brown hair away from my face as I was laying on the bed, eyes closed. I couldn't make out who they belonged to, the touch was somewhat unfamiliar, but I knew for sure the King was no where near me. That fact made me feel more relaxed but then tense up again as another thought hit me.

Who was touching my hair?

My eyes opened as pushed myself to sit up on the bed. Surprisingly, the movement didn't hurt a muscle in my body. I was expecting to feel much worse, too weak to do anything, but there was a strange adrenaline rush I was experiencing. I felt stronger as if I had just gained a couple of pounds. My senses were highlighted, making my surroundings appear sharper.

I heard some loud, head-pounding chirping sounds coming from my right side. As I turned my head, I discovered my vision was far better. Past the curtains that were pushed aside to give me a view of the balcony, I could see the waving trees which were miles away, but I could still make out the birds sitting there, flapping their wings once in a while. They were the source of the sound.

I felt like an entire different person, and I couldn't bring myself to say I didn't love every single bit of it.

"Feels amazing, huh?"

I looked towards my left to find Emma, the King's sister, sitting on the edge of the bed. She wore a striped, grey and white colored dress with a black leather jacket, her legs were covered in leggings. She must be the one touching my hair. Placing a piece of her own brown, loose strand behind her ear, she gave me a polite smile.

"What?" I asked.

She laughed, "I'm sure you must be feeling a lot better, better than you have ever felt, actually. Oh and don't be surprised if you start to notice things you've never before, like hearing stuff that are miles away from you? And you might want to stay away from foods that are too spicy for a while. It might make you want to throw up because your taste buds would be really sensitive."

My eyes widen at the new found information.

"Am I a Vampire now?" I couldn't help but ask. Who turned me? The King? Is this his way of getting back at me? Because I'm positive he knows how much I despite his species.

"No, no," Emma must have noticed the frightened look on my face because she too got worried and tried to explain.

"No you're not a Vampire. But see, what happened was..." She hesitated but I urged her to go on with my eyes.
"I really shouldn't be telling you this but I think it will take away your confusion. So, okay, um... Just don't freak out 'kay?"

I nodded my head quickly because I wanted her to hurry up and tell me already. But even though I tried to be confident, I was already freaking out about what she was about say.

"Damiengaveyousomeofhisblood." She said in one breath.

What?

I looked at her without any form of emotion on my face. I guess she must have caught the drift that I had no idea what she just said so she repeated herself in a louder, more clear voice.

"Damien gave you some of his blood."

Emma's eyes watched my face carefully as if expecting me to freak out and run around the castle like a mad person.