37. A Night To Remember. (Pt 2)

Song for the chapter- blue jeans by Lana Del Rey. I'll tell you when to play it. Enjoy.

"The world is filled with evil things,

That blinds your eyes,

And steals your dreams."

-Anon.

_________________________________________

The ballroom,

Crystalline Castle.

**

I lifted up my dress a little so it was easier to walk. My eyes set on the pair sitting on the throne made everything around me turn into a blur of nothingness. As I got closer to them, the urge to push that girl off him became stronger.

Then suddenly a wall appeared infront of me, making me bump into it. But as my eyes focused on the figure, I realized it wasn't a wall, but a white collared shirt. A shirt which belonged to a man. A shirt that soaked up the red liquid, which had spilled from his glass as a result of our collision.

My eyes looked up to find a pair of red eyes, but they quickly turned into an electrifying shade of blue as he blinked.

"I'm so sorry!" I blurted out as my hand went to my mouth.

The man who seemed to be in his twenties simply smiled and said, "It's okay, I should have been watching where I was going, too."

But then as he glanced down at his shirt, he frowned. I quickly grabbed a napkin from a table nearby and started cleaning it, still in a state of shock. I was shocked because he wasn't reacting the way I expected a vampire to. These were short tempered creatures as I had seen. Or maybe it was just Damien who held that title.

I felt his blue eyes watching me as I tried to clean up his shirt. But no matter how hard I tried, the red stain was still there, as dark as ever. No doubt it was blood.

I felt bad for ruining his shirt so I said, "come with me."

I instantly knew how to solve the problem. The laundry room wasn't far from the ball room. It was night so the maids must have already done the laundry and Damien's clean shirts must still be in there.

The man didn't question me and simply followed me as I walked towards the back of the ball room. I guessed he must have read my thoughts about where we were going.
"I don't know if the King might get mad if your borrow one of his shirts, but he has way too many to keep track of them."

He shook his head, "believe me, he wouldn't mind. We're like brothers."

"Really? I haven't seen you around before. Are you a royal from another Kingdom?"

"I used to be a prince actually," he shrugged.

As we made it to the laundry room, I pushed open the set of doors and was greeted by darkness.

"Woah," he suddenly gasped, "your hair. It glows."

I smiled, "like flames since my sin is wrath."

Grabbing a candle from the hallway, I walked inside the laundry room. The folded clothes are always placed in the far corner.

"Mine too, but that's understandable. I just can't imagine someone like you having wrath as your most powerful sin. You seem like the sweetest person ever. What's your name by the way?" he walked beside me.

"Alexis. And yours?"

"Valentino." he answered, but he seemed to be in shock, "so you're Alexis? Sorry but I just didn't expect you to be attending this party."