28. Surprise, Surprise.

"Don't confuse emotional for weak. I'll slit your fucking throat with tears coming down my cheeks."

________________________________________

The main hallway in The King's tower,

Crystalline Castle.

**

My breath got caught in my throat as I took in the scene in front of me. No matter how much I wanted to stand up and push that hunter away from Damien, my body wouldn't move a muscle. As blood starts dripping from the wound on his chest, I knew she had aimed for the heart and succeeded. His eyes widened at the same time mine did. His bloodshot eyes held pain that has never been there before.

It was only a matter of seconds before I felt my own heart squeeze in my chest but the pain wasn't even close to what he must have been feeling. I watched speechless as his eyes dropped, his body following the movement.

Aryan's daughter took a hold of the wooden stake again and pulled it out of his chest, causing more blood to stain his shirt. I felt my stomach drop as a nauseous feeling hit me.

I reminded myself this wasn't the time to think from the heart. I pushed back the pain and concentrated on helping him.

His body lifelessly dropped to the floor at the same time the other male hunter strode towards me.

"Don't," Aryan's daughter held out her hand to stop him before he reached me, "she's not the enemy. We accomplished what we came for, now let's go."

Throwing the wooden stick onto the floor, her eyes gave me a final look of pity and then she began to walk away from Damien's blood covered body.

When she was in front of me, I stretched my right leg out, making her fall face first to the ground. Guess she wasn't expecting that.

There was only a few seconds of difference between me being on the floor and me stepping over her fallen body and pushing the hunter who looked like he just saw a ghost. It was meant to be a gentle push, to back him away so I could get a hold of Damien's gun, which was uselessly placed on the floor. I guess the hunter wasn't expecting it so he stumbled back harshly and collided with the already broken window that covered the entire wall. His feet gave up and he ended up falling right through the broken glass. His scream hung in the air around me.

Allowing myself to quickly recover from the shock, I grabbed the gun. I turned around to find the human girl ready to get up but I stopped her by pointing the gun at her head.

A fire was burning inside my head, telling me to take revenge. Take revenge. Kill her.

It was as if a whole different person had taken over my body, making me feel more alive and stronger. That person didn't care she was my own kind. That person didn't care about everything the King has put me through. It was as if those memories were at the very back of my mind, refusing to make me feel any sort of hatred towards that man.

But the other part, the part of me which was locked up for ten years and tortured by him, it hesitated to pull the trigger.

The hunter girl took advantage of my inner battles and very smartly reversed our position. The only thing in my favor was that my hand was still holding onto the gun. She tried to snatched it but I had an unbelievable strong hold on it, making me feel surprised as well.

Where was all this strength coming from?

"You bitch. I was gonna spare your life but I guess you would rather die." The girl hissed.

I heard Damien cough on my left. A small amount of hope bloomed in my stomach. It barely existed, but as he coughed again, it increased. I didn't waste a second more as I elbowed her in the stomach, causing her to fall back.