18. An Emotion So Unknown.

"The reason we struggle from insecurity is because we compare our behind the scenes with everyone else's highlight reel."

- Steve Furtick.

____________________________________

Back at the Crystaline Castle,

Vampire World.

**

Darkness.

All I could see was darkness surrounding me, leaving me confused for a second.

Then, it was as if a bucket of cold water washed over me, which carried back the horrible memories of what took place yesterday.

Or has it been longer? I didn't remember.

All I remembered was my blood being drained by the King as I begged him to stop, as my body grew weaker and weaker until I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore. I remembered as I gave up fighting and embraced the sweet relief fainting provided me.

I could still feel his hands on me, fingers digging in my shoulders as he sucked the consciousness out of me.

I shouldn't have agreed to walk through the woods with him. With a deathly creature, all alone at night. That was the second stupid decision I made, yesterday. First was getting out of that car.

I've always dreamed of freeing myself from this Castle, to be able to live. But after experiencing yesterday's events, I'm not so sure anymore. Is that really what lies outside of these Castle walls? My first day out of here, and I don't even want to think about it.

Bringing my thoughts back to present, I realized that the reason I was embraced by the dark was because my eyes were closed.

Too tired to even open them or move a muscle, I used the help of my ears to listen to any source of sound which will inform me where I am.

I couldn't hear anything but the fierce wind, which was also far away, so I knew I had to be inside somewhere.

The faint lavender scent of the washing powder used on the King's bedsheets notified me that I'm, in fact, back at the Castle.

Not only that, I'm back in the King's room. It's funny how I've came to recognize this place so well during my short stay here.

My throat was dried and as this thought made its way into my mind, I let out a cough, followed by a few more.

An arm reached under my neck to bring my head upward, being too weak to ask who it was, I simply accepted the gesture when a glass of water was pressed to my lips.

I gulped down the content without tasting it, but as my thirst began to slowly fade away, I became aware of the fact that what I just drank is not water. Water was tasteless, while this drink, it was something sweet and sour both mixed together.

I realized now was the time to find out what's going on, what if the King just poisoned me? I wouldn't be too surprised.

My eyes fluttered open, and blinked a couple of times before adjusting to my surrounding.

The first thing that appeared in my vision was a black button down shirt, so close to my face. My eyes followed the buttons, to look higher. The first two buttons were undone, giving me a perfect view of his tan skin. His freshly shaved jaw, until my eyes stopped when they met his black ones.

The same eyes that turned into the pools of golden water, as bright as the sun, yesterday.The eyes that looked at me as if begging me to drown in them. The eyes which contained a thirst so strong that led to him biting me.