28. Surprise, Surprise. (Pt. 2)

"I wasn't born. I was created."

Damien looked at me like he thought I knew exactly what he was talking about. I mean aren't they the same thing? He was created by his parents to be born. Right?

"What do you mean? " I asked him.

"I can't die. Period."

"I know that. I know only a wooden stake can kill a--"

Damien took a hold of my shoulders, "No, Alexis. I can't die even from a wooden stake because," He ran his hand through his hair, turning away from me, "because I'm not just a Vampire."

I gasped at the new found information. That thought had never crossed my mind, because he acted just like any other Vampire. There wasn't anything unusual about him, except for the fact that he just survived what a normal Vampire would not have. If hes not fully a Vampire, then what else is he?

"I'm only going to tell you once so listen carefully, " He started but paused as he watched my focused face expression.

"... Why are you looking at me like that?" He asked me.

"What? You said pay attention so that's what I'm doing."

"Oh okay, so um take a seat."

I had a feeling what he was going to tell me was very important so I made my way over to the sofa and took a seat as he too sat down on the love seat to my left, facing me.

"My mom... She was a Angel. I don't know for what reason, but she was banned from the heavens. That's all my so called father told me. Her magical powers were taken away from her, but she held a really high title, so it would have taken days for her magical powers to completely dissappear. She found the Vampire world as her new home because it wasn't as populated as the human world and she liked the peace. It didn't take her long to realize how lonely the life here would be, so with any remains of her magic that she still carried, she made me. Damien Skyer. I don't know what I am since I was taken away from her at such a young age, before she could explain that to me. But I do remember how she always use to call me her little angel because of my wings..."

"Your wings?" I gasped.

He nodded, taking off his dirty shirt, "Yeah. You don't see them because I keep them hidden, they haven't been out since..."

"Since you were brought here by your father?" I asked him softly.

His eyes glared at the wall next to me as he snapped, "He's not my father."

His suddenly raised voice made me flinch, for which he apologized for.

"Sorry," He said, "It's just he's not my real father. I can't believe I'm telling you this, like I said, I wasn't born or made out of love at all. That man just wanted to use me as his son, someone who could never die. Someone who had abilities that other Vampires didn't. Someone who was capable of making this Kingdom reach the top and keep it there. That's why he adopted me and turned me into a vampire, but he was surprised that my angelic side didn't die. He told me to keep my mouth shut and never tell anyone. He never cared about me, he only wanted what was best for his subjects. He never deserved to be called my father."

The way he described this man who everyone calls his father, it made me hate him just as much as Damien's eyes showed how he held a burning hatred towards him. I tried to shake away the sympathetic expression on my face, knowing how much he would hate that.

"But to answer your question, no, I showed them to somebody who was... really close to me."

I was fighting back the words which were already in my mouth because I didn't want to seem like a nosy person who wanted to know everything, but I couldn't stop myself from saying, "I want to see them."