~2~

(Above: Jack Smith, as of October 10th 2017)

"Tie the lid down!" I shouted, as I began to pull the tension wheel attached to the twine.

The wood of the nine-foot catapult shuddered as the machine tightened, and TK dangerously stood on the arm tying the trash can lid to the end of it. He gave me the thumbs up, and jumped down, landing on the ground, knee first. He let out a grunt, and stood up.

"We're done." I said, sitting down on a log, and taking in all our surroundings.

It was a great sight. Trees everywhere, but many clearings to build things. Lots of wildlife, and then there's a nine-foot catapult just lying there in the middle of it, just waiting to-

My thoughts where interrupted by Mr. Baker's yelling.

"ALL TEAMS! EACH OF YOU HAVE A FLAREGUN! TEAM ONE HAS A GREEN FLARE, TEAM TWO HAS A PURPLE ONE, TEAM THREE IS RED, AND TEAM FOUR IS BLUE. SEND ONE UP IF YOUR CATAPULT IS DESTROYED. ANY OTHER COLOR FLARE WILL BE IGNORED."

I looked over at TK, who held up our green flare, and our store-bought gold one. We had a plan.

"NOW, BATTLE TIME STARTS WHEN I SAY GO! EVERYONE REMEMBER THAT WE ARE GOING TO HAVE A FAIR GAME TODAY, AND IT DOESN'T GO!"

"Wait." I told TK, as he was about to pull the launch string "No one knows exactly where we are. Don't give us away just yet."

We watched as a giant pile of rocks flew straight up into the air, without any direction at all and then slowly fell back to the launcher of the barrage, landing with a large thud. A blue flare flew up into the air, and popped out into the sky.

"GROUP FOUR HAS BEEN ELIMINATED BY GROUP FOUR... TALK ABOUT EMBARRASS THREE TEAMS LEFT!"

I laughed, as I stared at the sky, as more piles of rocks flew back and forth in between group three, and group two's catapults. Eventually, a large sickening crack could be heard, as Group three's rocks hit their target. A purple flare rocketed into the air, and burst, confirming there was only 2 teams left.

"Okay, we know where they are. Grab the golden flare, and go!" TK told me, throwing me the golden stick and the gun.

I caught it, and dashed in the direction of group three's machine. Silently, I weaved through brush, and bushes, gingerly stepping over leaves, and twigs, trying my hardest not to make a sound, for the fear that they would find me was too great. I emerged from the brush in a large clearing, almost a tiny field, if anything. In the middle of it, stood a massive, yet sloppily made, machine of war. I grinned, and uncapped the golden flare.

"You bloody snooper!" Kyle screeched in his tight British accent, bowling me over. My back landed on a root, and I cried out.

He kicked my ribs, and pain seared through my chest.

Kyle had dark skin and dark hair, but had piercing green eyes. He could really invoke terror in people. He could usually be found with-

"Hey James! Look who decided to drop in, eh?"

James. Light skin. Black hair, brown eyes, and Kyle's bitch.

James walked around from the catapult, and laughed.

"Jack! Come on, you got to know better than that! We're not idiots, you thinking you can sabotage our project. Well, I'll be surprised if you're even as smart as you claim. Cause, I know we're better than you!"

I looked away, ashamed.

"Oi..." Kyle said, picking up my flare. "What's this?"

I sighed, but then looked up. He was reaching for the trigger at the end of the flaregun. I grinned.

"NO! YOU IDIOT!" James yelled.

Too late.

The gun had fired, and the flare hurtled into the air, and exploded, showering down a rain of gold sparks. I got up, and brushed off my jeans.

"Good game, dear fellows." I told them, in my mock accent.

Just as I said this, a massive barrage of logs, sailed over the trees, and pounded into the machine. I ducked down, just as a piece of debris sailed over my head. When the dust cleared, I had at least 6 splinters in my face from pieces of a destroyed catapult.

"Here, I got you." I told a flabbergasted James, taking his red flare out of his hand, and firing it up into the air.

"You are so effing dead Smith..." Kyle whispered, standing a few feet away.

"That's cool. Later chumps."

***

Author's note: Bonjour, hommes, et femmes, (If you don't speak French... eh, good luck.) I am going to be posting quite frequently, so be prepared for a wild ride. Also, I will be posting pictures of what the characters should look like. NOTE: All pictures should not entirely resemble the real person in this story (Yes, most characters are real.) I'll have a full cast list updated for the next chapter. Thanks guys, and remember to tell your friends about this book, and follow me.

P.S, leave a vote, and a comment if you want to be a character in this story! (TK, Miranda, Jordan, Auden, and Griffin, don't spam me, you peoples are already in.)