chapter11

'The first thing we will be asked on the day of judgement is about our salah/prayer, so please if your prayer is pending, complete it before reading this chapter.'

~

'Dear readers, The blessed month of ramdan has arrived and it won't wait but this book can wait.pls do not waste your time, reading unnecessary things rather read Qur'an'.

"I just wanted you to know that I love you."He said quietly.

Kinza stared at him in disbelief.
She was confused what to respond. Was he playing a prank? Did he really meant it?

"What?" Came safina's voice.

"Did I just heard it right?"She squealed looking at both of them startled yet surprised.

"Close your mouth safi before a fly enters,  I just wanted to give her shock."Daniyal chuckled,  looking at kinza, who was trying to process what just happened.

"Why?Kinza asked trying to sound normal, her heart beat had sped up listening to his words and it took her a while to control it.

"Obviously to stop your hiccups and it  worked."Daniyal smirked,  folding his hands.

"Oh, I wish you were proposing kinz in real."Safina chirped looking at kinza.

"Safinaaa." Kinza glared at her eyeing her to stop as a blush crept her neck.

"Okay! Time for my flight, bye safina."Daniyal said to safina and then turned towards Kinza.

"I hope you forgive me Kinza  for whatever I did,  Allah hafiz. " He smiled.

"He said this lines in my nightmare, ya allah."

"It's not like my every other dream or nightmare  comes true."

"But there is a similarity here."

"Stop stressing  yourself kinza, it's not good for you to stress your mind."kinza thought to herself trying to calm herself.

"Kinza." Daniyal waved his hands in front of her and she came out of her trance.

"Yes?"

"I said Allah hafiz." Daniyal said confused by her behaviour.

She nodded.

He looked at her for few more seconds and turned away.

"Daniyal... " Kinza called.

"Yup." He asked turning towards her.

"Take care." She managed to say those two words.

"Sure."He grinned ear to ear.

"Ahem." Safina cleared her throat.

"It looks like you guys  are newly wed couple." Safina teased.

"Very funny." Daniyal said sarcastically  walking out of dining  room.

"You should stop teasing safi.." Kinza said  taking a seat at the dining chair, feeling a bit tired.

"Why?  You guys were close buddies from childhood and I don't know what happened between you two before five years when Ahsan uncle died but now...." Safina trailed off as she heard heena aunty calling her  and ran out of dining room.

When safina returned to dining room to talk to Kinza,  after Daniyal had left to airport, a shrill scream left her mouth seeing Kinza unconscious in the floor.

"Phu.. phupi.." Safina shouted sitting in the floor and rubbing kinza's hand.

"Ya allah safi, stop scaring us,  for a little cockroach.... " Heena trailed off seeing safina crying and noticing  Kinza she rushed towards her.

"What... what happened?" She asked taking a glass of water and sprinkling some water  on kinza's face but it was of no use.

"I don't know, she.. she was worried about something.... "

"She is not opening her eyes phupi." Safina stammered.

"Call your phupa," Heena said worriedly and safina ran to call him.

____________

"I can't understand why I agreed with her when she said she doesn't need another consultation, its all because of me." AbdulRahman said as he drove to hospital with Kinza unconscious in the back seat with heena.

"She has been avoiding  doctor's consultation like plague for almost a year."Heena cried."She said that she is feeling well and there is no stress or depression."

"There must be something which is bothering her."AbdulRahman spoke.

I don't know!  safi, did she said something  after returning  from her house the previous day?"Heena asked to safina who was sitting in the front seat making supplication  for Kinza. 

"No, she hardly talks about her Abbu." Safina said turning  to look at kinza whose head was resting at heena's lap.

"Did she had headache safina?" AbdulRahman inquired taking a sharp turn.

"I guess. She took aspirin yesterday night before going to bed."She informed wiping her tears.

"Am so sorry, I failed miserably as  her aunt."Heena cried rubbing kinza's Palm.

"No heena, kinza should have informed us if anything was wrong with her health, Iam gonna shift her to downstairs room."AbdulRahman replied.

"Kinza... " She whispered seeing her trying to open her eyes.

"How are you feeling dear?" Heena asked,  relieved that she had gained consciousness.

"Kinza, are you feeling good?"AbdulRahman asked.

"Yes,but where are we going?"

"To the park,  we thought you fainted and let's take you to park and have some fun."safina chirped sarcastically, and kinza smiled weakly.

"Obviously we are taking you to hospital."She continued. "Alhamdulillah, you are fine."

"Yeah alhamdulillah, we can go back home."Kinza said trying to not to sound weak. 

"No." Said the three together.

"Seems like am gonna get scoldings when we return home."

"Yes,ofcourse." AbdulRahman smiled parking the car.

__________

"Do you have any stress?"A medical student asked checking her blood pressure.

"No." Kinza lied. She can't tell her that she was stressing over a little nightmare thinking  that Daniyal would get into an accident  like her Abbu. She didn't like visiting this place, were her Abbu was in coma for almost seven years. She would visit her Abbu every other day with uncle and Daniyal  or sometimes with heena aunty. Every time she would hope her Abbu will open eyes and smile at her. But he lay in bed in deep slumber breathing on ventilation, his face pale and his hands cold.

"The way you aren't answering  my question and are lost in your deep thoughts is the proof you are stressing."She smiled removing the blood pressure cuff from her hand.

"Doctor will see you in few minutes."She said and Kinza Walked out of the BP checking room.

"Is everything alright?"Heena asked who was waiting outside the room.

Kinza nodded.

"I need to talk to you after we get back to home." AbdulRahman said and she nodded.

"And don't plan on avoiding it."He said again.

"I won't."She smiled taking a seat beside safina who was  chatting with someone in her phone.

"I hope he reached safely to airport." Kinza thought resting her head in safina's shoulder.

"Safi, text Daniyal and ask him if he'd reached airport." She said.

"Assalam alaikum, seems like I have a long hayatee(long life)."

She was startled to hear his voice.She looked up and saw him looking at her intently, worry evident in his face.

________________