Chapter 10-The Blood Exchange

All Rights Reserved

Chapter 10-The Blood Exchange

Sydney Carrington's POV

I looked at the flowers that Kingston had given me and sighed as his words repeated once again in my mind.

No matter what you choose to believe, I do care Sydney.

I groaned in distaste and scowled distastefully at the roses that Kingston had given me. Why on earth was I still keeping them for anyway? Was I going crazy? I stood up to get rid of the flowers but something tugged at my heart.

The emotion that had flashed in Kingston's eyes when I told him that I didn't care for him made me feel guilty as hell. I wasn't one to be mean or nasty. But it seemed as if Kingston yearned for my affection.

That was something I couldn't wrap my head around. If he really cared for me like he had claimed, why had he hurt me? Was this some sick twisted game he was playing? To let me drop my defenses and once again, hurt me?

If so, I wanted no part of it.

But something tugged in me and I guessed it was the wolf urging me and reassuring me that it wasn't so. It wanted me to give Kingston a chance which was bloody ironic considering when he had hurt me, the wolf wanted to take control to get back at him.

I sighed, I knew the mate bond was working between my wolf and Kingston's and it wouldn't be too long before the wolf would urge me to go to Kingston and to accept him. The mate bond was that strong.

Still, I was determined not to give in. Or I should just accept it as it is?

I groaned and hit my cheek lightly. This was already the wolf talking. I stopped and stared at my reflection in the mirror and studied myself. The bruises on my neck were gone and I was sure that the wound on my head was healed by now too.

My eyes were still bright and my hair was still shiny and full. In fact, I've never looked better in my whole life. It was ironic that while I was somewhat miserable, I looked at my best.

Sighing and still conflicted with my thoughts, I quickly slid on some clothes that were meant for painting and headed to the art room that Kingston had given me.

Now that I've been here in the European pack for more than a week, I've come to realise that the land that they owned was so huge and vast. It wasn't going to be easy to escape but I will.

Also, as I was Luna and the mate to Kingston, he had given me a whole new wardrobe of clothes. I wasn't about to complain about that. I was a girl that liked shopping and dressing up. Who didn't? Maybe Sarah.

The thought of my sister Sarah made my mood turn a sour. I wondered about about my siblings constantly and how they were doing and such. Was Sean alright? Did he make it back home safely?