Chapter 12-The Warming Up

All Rights Reserved 

Chapter 12-The Warming Up 

Sydney Carrington's POV 

"You must be Luna Sydney." 

I turned around and wrinkled my nose at the title before and looked at the man standing behind me who had a curious look on his face. I raised an eyebrow and studied him a little warily. 

The man was good looking, that was for sure. He had blonde hair that was a little spiked up, brown eyes that were sharp and didn't seem to miss anything-not even the slightest details, defined cheekbones and also well built. He had an air of arrogance and a hint of playfulness. Also, he had a hint of a British accent. 

"Yes. And you are?" 

The man smirked at me before shrugging, "Rhett Parker. I'm the beta here, Brendon never talked about me? I'm hurt." 

A small smile played on my lips and I continued stirring the pancake batter. "He did. Briefly." 

Rhett grinned before he turned serious. "I assume you're feeling better." 

I couldn't help but look down on my left wrist where Kingston's name was. "Yes, I am. Especially when Kingston did the Blood Exchange." 

Rhett raised an eyebrow at my words, "You call your mate Kingston?" 

I met his gaze challengingly without saying a word and he snorted. "I see. So how do you find the pack here so far? I assume it can be quite different." 

I turned back to my pancake mix and shrugged, "I guess it can be. But everyone here is quite nice and welcoming." 

Rhett hummed and took a carton of milk from the refrigerator and gulped it down while I looked on with slight disgust. "Couldn't you have poured some in a glass?" Back home, Sean did the exact same thing much to my annoyance. Was this a male thing or for lazy people? 

He shrugged and placed the milk carton back into the refrigerator. "Lazy. What do you think of Kingston?" 

I stopped and turned to him, "What do you think of him then?" 

Rhett laughed and shrugged, "Touché. He's my best friend. And he can be a dick but he made a great choice in picking you." 

I glanced at him expressionlessly before flipping the pancakes in the frying pan. I didn't say a word and Rhett sighs before clearing his throat before continuing, "So, any siblings?" 

I snorted a little before replying, "Yes. A younger brother and an older sister." 

Rhett nodded before shrugging. "How's the sister? Pretty as you?" At this, I laughed incredulously, "Someone's a flirt isn't he?" I teased lightheartedly and Rhett gave me a shameless grin.