Chapter 31-The Traitor

All Rights Reserved

Chapter 31-The Traitor

Sydney Carrington's POV

"You can go back first if you're feeling tired." Brendon said lowly in my ear and I nodded. "Okay." We were at a monthly pack meeting where the leaders of the four locations reported any issues, good or bad to the Alph and Beta.

It was already three hours since the meeting started and I was tired. I had stayed up late completing the painting of my parents. Whatever my mother had done, I decided not to fault her for it. It was in the past and I wanted it to stay there.

On the subject of my mother, I had spoken to my siblings about it because I strongly believed that they had the right to know that our mother was alive all this while and that she had abandoned us in an orphanage.

Like I had expected, both Sean and Sarah didn't take it too well and wanted nothing to do with our mother. I agreed but my heart ached at that. No matter what, Sabrina Carrington was still my mother and nothing could change that. But was she my mom? I didn't think so.

Also, it has been almost two weeks that had passed and I realised that being Luna was hard word but very rewarding. I stood up from my chair and gave Brendon a quick peck on the cheek before leaving. Sam and Owen behind me as I left the meeting during the quick break.

Speaking about my guards, I had gotten to know them and I liked that they were serious but yet knew when to loosen up. They were about in their mid-thirties to forties and I appreciated that they were willing to protect me even though that they had families.

I knew it wasn't going to be easy protecting me, considering that I had a giant bulls-eyes target on my back. Kyle and his leader still hadn't made their move and I've begun to think that they had given up on their plan.

However, another part of me knew that it was simply wishful thinking. Honestly, I just wished that Kyle and whoever wanted to harm Brendon and I would just leave us alone.

Entering my house with Owen and Sam trailing behind me, I stopped at the sight of him standing in the middle of my living room.

My eyes widened at the sight of Kyle in my bloody house as he waited for me. "Sydney. Good to see you." He taunted coldly and immediately, both my guards shifted and pounced onto him.

I was too stunned to see him in my house but I quickly pulled myself together. I couldn't freak out at this. Before Owen and Sam could hurt Kyle, gunshots sounded out and both of them slumped onto the ground unconscious. I ran towards them but found no blood pooling around their bodies.

The sound of footsteps diverted my attention away from my guards and my head snapped to the right where the shooter was. The sight of the shooter in view made my head spin. Oh my fucking god. I couldn't believe it. The shooter stepped out of the kitchen with a rifle and all the breath was knocked out of my lungs.

"Cara?"

I breathed out stunned. Cara was the traitor all this time? Oh my god. Cara avoided my burning gaze. All I could think of was that a person I treated as a sister had betrayed me. Immediately, my thoughts went to Brendon.