Nighttime Festivities

The outfit is what Mara wears to Takuma's Birthday.

I walked for I don't know how long, through the rest of the night, and part of the next day, just wandering around. I ended up a little café named Una Carozza, so I entered to get some food and coffee. I sat at a table and waited until a waitress approached me.

"You're from the Cross Academy Night Class, aren't you?" She asked in a sweet voice, "Oh, you must be! Do you know Aido? He comes here very often."

I didn't even have the energy to smile at her, "Yes, I know Hanabusa. And yes, I am from the Night Class. Can I get a chocolate chip muffin and a vanilla latte?"

"Um, yes, of course! On the house!" She exclaimed and scurried off to get my order.

I sighed and stared out of the window. I wonder what the rest of the Night Class will think of my powers, now that they've seen some of them. It'll probably give them more reason to fear me.

I thanked the waitress after she brought me my food and drink. There was also a sundae, and I looked up at her.

She smiled sweetly at me, her eyes crinkling at the sides, "Ice cream can fix anything. I hope you feel better!" She walked away, and I felt a small smile creep its way onto my face.

I looked up when the door opened, and gasped when I saw Zero and Yuki. I put my head down, thankful that my hair was black now. I ate my food, tensely listening to their conversation.

"I'm digging in!" Yuki exclaimed once she got her own ice cream.

"I wanted to eat salt-ramen," Zero said monotonously.

"Yeah, but the food here is so good!" Yuki said, eating her ice cream quickly, "Sayori and I came here the other day, and--" She stopped, "Hey, Zero, by the way... Do you know that teacher?"

Teacher? Was there a new teacher?

"Uh... You don't have to answer," Yuki said after Zero stayed silent, "It's just... He's kind of scary."

"No, he's actually--" Zero began, but got cut off by the waitress from before.

"Excuse me... But are you a member of the Night Class at Cross Academy?" She asked Zero, "You are, aren't you? You're different from everyone else. People in that elite class are exceptional! Aido comes here often, and there's that girl over there," I hissed out my breath as the well-meaning girl pointed at me, "She's from the Night Class too!"

I stood and put down a hearty tip before exiting quickly, using vampiric speed.

"Huh? She was just there a second ago..." The waitress trailed off, and I saw Zero stand through the window.

"I'll be outside," He said, and I darted forward, into the crowd.

Damn... Why did I have to come to this café? God...

I kept walking, until I bumped into someone.

"Oh, I'm sorr--" I stopped, "Takuma?!"

"Mara-sama?" He asked, taking in my hair color, "A-are you... Um..."

"I'll be alright, Takuma, thank you," I said, "What are you doing here?"

"Well, Senri and I are here, looking for Level E's," He said, motioning to the vampire beside him.

I nodded at Senri, who copied my movement, "Do you mind if I join? I was just abo--" I stopped talking when the scent of Yuki's blood reached me.

I hissed in annoyance and darted towards the smell, Takuma and Senri on my heels. We reached Yuki soon enough, and Zero was there, holding Artemis in front of her protectively, while a Level End stood before them, completely lost to bloodlust.