Crimson Chains

I immediately went to my room and started packing. After the death of Shizuka, I couldn't stay. I needed to go home. After all of my clothes that weren't school uniform were packed, I changed out of the dress and into sweatpants and a tank top. I threw on a sweatshirt and curled up on my bed.

I stood after a while, opened the door, and headed towards Kaname's office. I knocked once before entering, finding Kaname standing behind his desk, facing a shattered window.

"Having fun with your new powers?" I asked coldly.

"I'm not sure that I understand what you're talking about, Semara," Kaname said, turning towards me.

"That's a lie. You know exactly what I'm talking about, Kuran," I spat, using his last name instead of his first, "And you're going to shove the blame on Zero. You disgust me."

"Semar-"

I cut him off before he could say anything more, "I'm leaving tomorrow morning. I don't know when or if I'll be back. Have fun with your games."

I left Kaname's office and went back to my room, where I found Luna sitting on her bed.

"What's with the bags?" She asked.

"I'm leaving tomorrow morning," I replied.

"Leaving?! As in, leaving-leaving?!"

"Yes."

"No way. I won't let you!"

"You can't stop me, Luna."

She huffed, knowing she couldn't, "I'll just follow you then."

"I don't care if you come with me. I just can't stand this place one minute longer," I said, flopping back on my bed and snuggling beneath the covers.

"When are we leaving?"

I smiled and answered, "Ten o'clock."

"In the morning?"

"Yes."

"Uggggghhhhhh."

I laughed, then fell asleep.

*****
At nine-thirty in the morning, I was up and ready, and I woke Luna up. She groaned and opened her eyes, blinking a few times.

"Huh?" She asked blearily.

"Get ready. I'm leaving in thirty minutes," I said, and went downstairs.

Strangely, the aristocrats and Kaname were downstairs, sitting on the couches or standing near them.

"Semara, please don't leave!" Hanabusa begged.

"There's no use in begging," I said coldly, "I'm not going to stay. Luna is coming with me. I can't stand this place any longer."

"But Mara," Senri said, "Things will be so boring around here without you."

"I'm sure things will be very interesting as long as you have your Pureblood Lord Kaname Kuran around," I snipped, then went to the door and went outside.

I went to the Headmaster's office, sighing once I got inside the shade. I knocked on his door, and heard him say 'come in'. I entered, and found Yagari sitting in the room as well.

"I am leaving Cross Academy until further notice," I stated.

"Leaving?!" Kaiden shouted, standing up, "What do you mean, leaving?!"

"I'm going away for a while. I don't know how long, or if I'll be back at all, but I need to leave," I said, "I just thought you might want to know."

"No, you can't leave now! Yuki and Zero have gotten so attached to you, and you're such a a big help!" Kaien went on pleading.

"I'm sorry, Kaien. But I'm leaving, and there's nothing you can do to stop me."

I turned and left the room, going back to the Moon Dorms. I was followed by Yagari, who eventually pulled my arm and got me to stop.

"You can't go running off."

"I can if I damn well want to," I snapped back.

"You've still got that attitude of yours," He sighed, relaxing his hold on me.

"It's never going away," I said, and he turned me to face him.

"I don't want you to leave, Semara," He said, looking me in the eyes.

"I'm sorry. But I must. I can't stand another minute here," I said, and he sighed, then brought me close.

I hugged him back, breathing in his scent for the last time in who knows how long, then let go. I gave him a sad smile, then flashed back to the Moon Dorms. Luna and I were completely ready, so we left without further ado.

While we were in the car taking us to my family home, Luna sighed and closed her eyes.

"Why did you want to leave so badly?" She asked, eyes still closed.

"I learned information that upset me, and so I need to take a breather," I said, leaning my head back and closing my eyes as well, "Information about Shizuka Hio."

Luna had fallen asleep, and hadn't heard my answer. Soon, I felt myself get a little blurry-minded, and I drifted off.

Something bad is coming for us. For us all.

A sweet dream hasn't ended yet.
___________________________________