.28.

The next morning, I woke up alone on the couch. I rubbed at my eyes, finding my glasses were gone, and searched around for them. I found them on the coffee table and I placed them on my nose before standing and stretching.

I glanced to the front door, and saw no evidence of Arthur being here. His coat and shoes were gone.

I guess Arthur couldn't take it after all.

My head was throbbing, and I went to the kitchen for water as my mind went blank of all other thoughts. I didn't want to think about anything else.

I grabbed a glass of water, and when I turned around I froze at the sight in my backyard.

It was Arthur. He was playing in the snow with Poofy and Princess. He hadn't left, after all.

I set my glass down and walked towards the porch door, opening it to let the frigid winter air into the house, along with the sound of Arthur's laughter.

He was chasing Poofy, but also being chased by Princess. The poor girl kept falling below the snow line, so all you could see was the occasional tail tip as she wiggled her way through the white stuff.

When Arthur finally noticed me, he smiled widely and hurried through the snow. He threw his arms around me and kissed me quickly.

"Good morning, Love," He greeted. Before I could reply, we were both thrown backwards by a massive force. I groaned as both Arthur and Poofy fell on top of me, and then both of us groaned as Poofy used us as a spring pad and bounced off.

"Good morning to you, too," I finally wheezed. Arthur chuckled and sat up so he was straddling me.

"I'd say it's as good as any," He confirmed. "When did you get up?" I placed my hands on his waist and shrugged, a warm feeling filling my chest and stomach.

"About ten minutes ago."

He climbed off of me rather suddenly, and I had a moment of confusion as a huge weight dropped on me and I was being licked all over my face.

"Oh- gross! Poofy!" I struggled to sit up and push the dog off. "Knock it off!" He whined, not bothering to stop.

"He was worried about you," Arthur said as he picked up a white ball of snow, that I soon realized was Princess. She had made it out of the snow, but not without consequence. "He was by our side when I woke up this morning, and when I told him to go outside, he just whined."

I stopped pushing the dog away and instead held it by the face.

"What's the matter, Poofy," I baby talked him, "What's the matter? I'm alright," I began fluffing up his ears and he stood up, wagging his tail happily before licking me again. I laughed and pulled him to the floor, rubbing his back and belly all the while him barking happily.

"You're such a puppy," I laughed as I avoided the play nip he was giving me, "You can't get me," I teased.

Arthur started laughing then, and j felt myself blush in embarrassment, but then grinned. I leaned down to Poofy and whispered, "Get Daddy," Before lunging at Arthur, Poofy following my lead.

He let out a less than manly screech, and Princess jumped from his arms, barking sweetly before licking his face as he laid on the ground.

I sat beside him, tickling him, and Poofy was licking his face. An easier task for him than Princess, but the little girl tried anyway.

"N-No, stop! Stop!" Arthur laughed, "Alfred, s-sto-" he cut off as Poofy tried licking his lips. I laughed as he tried getting away from it all.

"Do you give?" I teased.