Chapter Nineteen: When Logic Fails: Part II

Back with Riley
Third Person's POV
As soon as the Dino com's connection broke, Riley looked back at the vent opening and decided that he would need to get out before he could help his friends find their way out of the looping maze. He jumped into the vent system and started to crawl through it to find a way out. He turned down a corner and suddenly heard a loud roar along with an ominous bright orange glow emitting into the vents. Wondering what it was, Riley got closer to the vent. "I can't believe it's working!" He heard Wrench exclaim and Riley looked down into the room below him. "The Ptera charger is gaining power and fast." Riley couldn't believe his eyes, he saw Fury strapped to a chair and there were wires connecting him to the Ptera charger and there was an orange mass of energy trying to escape Fury's body. It looked like that mass was charging the Ptera charger. Riley suddenly realized that this must've been what Tyler was talking about yesterday when he was fighting Fury.

"I can't control it any longer!" Fury shouted.

"Just a little bit more." Wrench told Fury. Fury held off a bit more and let the Ptera charger gain more power.

"Turn it off!" Fury shouted and ripped the wires off of him. He sat up and Wrench pulled the Ptera charger out of its place.

"It worked!" Wrench informed Fury.

"Give me the charger." Fury growled and snatched the charger from Wrench's hands. Fury left the room, with Wrench looking at him.

"What just happened?" Wrench asked. I'm wondering the same thing... Riley thought and continued down the vent system. Riley reaches the roof and walks out quietly, hearing Puzzler's voice.

"I already caught the rangers in my never ending maze." Puzzler informed someone. Riley closed the vent quietly and began to make his way towards the monster.

"Good work. Once I get the Ptera zord, I'll have it and the rangers. Sledge is going to beg me to come back. Finally, he'll understand that I am his most trusted general." Fury announced and Riley's dino com went off. He picked it up to see Kendall calling him.

"Riley, what is going on? I haven't been able to contact any of the other rangers." Kendall demanded an explanation.

"Okay, I found the Ptera charger but Fury has it and it's full of power." Riley informed the scientist.

"You've got to get that charger." Kendall told Riley.

"But the others are trapped, I have to-" Riley started to protest but Kendall stopped him.

"Riley, you may not get another chance. You said it yourself, we've got to do the most logical thing and right now that means stopping Fury." Kendall pointed out to the green ranger. Riley hung up and rounded a corner to avoid Fury seeing him, because he was walking in Riley's direction. Riley looked between Puzzler and Fury, needing to make a choice quickly.

"I can't leave my friends." Riley decided and faced Puzzler to try and free his friends. Riley threatened Puzzler and the monster demanded a chess match to free his friends. Riley began to bluff during the game and threw 5 marbles in the vent behind Puzzler and the vent behind him to lead his friends out of the maze.

To Alexa, Freezing inside the building
Alexa's POV
In the silent hallway where the only noise was my teeth chattering, but that was soon interrupted. Something pinged down the hallway and rolled next to me. I picked it up to see that it was a yellow marble, one of Riley's marble. I look around and notice that the marble came out from the vent. I grin.

"R-Riley, y-you g-genius." I say to myself, my teeth chattering. I get back on my feet after putting the marble in my pocket. I pull off the vent covering and climb in quickly, sighing in happiness, when the vents were so much more warmer that the hallway I was stuck it. I continue down the vent system and find myself following the daylight out to the roof. I push the vent door open and find myself at the roof. I grin and sent Riley a thankful look as he continues to distract Puzzler. The others start filing on to the roof, no longer shivering from the cold.