Chapter Twenty Six: Sync Or Swim: Part I

Alexa's Outfit Below

Outside the MuseumWalking out of the museum, Tyler and I loaded up the last few things on the truck for the fossil fun day

Outside the Museum
Walking out of the museum, Tyler and I loaded up the last few things on the truck for the fossil fun day. "That is everything." Tyler informed the others.

"Almost ready to go." Koda told us. Tyler and I walked around to his jeep to put in the cases of 'digging tools' for the kids in his jeep. As soon as it was loaded up, I turned around to leave.

"Hey, Lex. I have something to show you." Tyler stopped me from getting to the truck, by tugging on my elbow. I turned around to see him pulling a brown box out of a bag. He pulled out a gold and brown jacket that we saw in the store window a few days ago from the mall when we were shopping around to try and find Riley a birthday gift. His birthday was coming up in a few weeks and I wanted to get him a gift, but I couldn't find anything that would've been a good gift for him. "What do you think?" He asked about the jacket once he pulled it on.

"Um... It's fine." I said, trying not to hurt his feelings. It seemed like he really wanted me to like the way he looked in the jacket. It's just that the gold and brown combination is not his color. Ironically, red is more his color.

"Fine, but you said it looked great in the store window..." Tyler questioned.

"You know, I changed my mind." I answered and turned away from Tyler to avoid answering anymore questions about the jacket. "It looked better on the mannequin." I whisper under my breath and quickly walk away from him. I helped Shelby finish tying the ropes to secure everything for the fossil day for the kids that we're having at the park. Suddenly, there was as horse entering and there was someone on top of it, in full knight's armor. We all turned towards the white horse and Shelby and I looked at it awe. The horse slowed to a stop in front of us, gathering up a crowd of people.

"Ivan?" Koda questioned and noticed that the knight was indeed our knight friend, Ivan as he lifted the cover of his helmet.

"He's like something out of a romance novel." Shelby said, still in awe. We both heard Tyler scoff next to us, but didn't pay any attention to it as we were focused on our gold friend. The visitors around us were in awe by Ivan's entrance.

"Mate, he is literally a knight in shining armor." Chase commented to something that Tyler said but I didn't catch it. Ivan pulled out his sword.

"I come prepared for battle!" Ivan said and smiled. The people around us surrounded Ivan and started taking pictures of him on the horse. "Digital portraits, aye? Alright." He said and stood tall with a smile on his face, along with holding a 'peace' sign up. Kendall walked out briskly seeing the big group of people.

"Oh good grief. Nothing to see here folks, the museum entrance is right over there." Kendall said, disbanding the people around Ivan. "Thank you." She said politely. As the people filtered away from us, Kendall approached Shelby and I. "I think we need to get some clothes for Ivan that are a tad less medieval." Kendall informed us, glancing back at his armor.