Chapter Thirty Eight: Deep Down Under: Part I

Alexa's Outfit:

I climbed out of the jeep and shut the door behind me as we all talked to Kendall

I climbed out of the jeep and shut the door behind me as we all talked to Kendall. We were going to go back to Amber beach and look for the Plesio zord, but Kendall claimed that since Albert bonded with the purple energem in New Zealand, that the Plesio zord might be nearby. "I know you guys were all set to come back, but it vital that you all stay in New Zealand, just until we find the Plesio Zord." Kendall reasoned with us. I walked around the jeep so that we all were standing together in a group.

"We're trying, but even after he bonded with the purple energem, Albert never saw the Plesio zord." Riley told her.

"Fact, Albert became the purple ranger then the Plesio zord must be awake." Kendall informed us.

"We're about to talk to some scientist named Dr. Runga. Shelby thinks that he can tell us where to start looking for the zord." Tyler informed Kendall, telling her what Shelby told us this morning.

"Dr. Runga?" Kendall asked. "Really? If anyone knows about plesiosaurs it's him."

"We'll keep you updated." I reassured Kendall and she nodded and hung up the call. I slipped my dino com back into my pocket.

"Oh, is that the guy?" Chase asked and I looked up to follow his eyeline to see Dr. Runga in a pit surrounded by his equipment, dinosaur bones and a photographer. I nodded, answering his question.

"Wow, it's really him. I've only seen him on TV and in books." Shelby said. Sounds like she's a big fan of Dr. Runga's work. "Look guys-" Shelby started, while she started to walk down the line to fix us up a little so we looked more presentable. She straightened Ivan's jacket before continuing. "He has hundreds of fossil discoveries to his name." Shelby fixed Riley's vest and tried to fix Tyler's hair but he backed away from her after a few seconds. She tucked stray pieces of my hair back into my braid, or at least she tried to. The pieces of my hair only fell back out of my braid after Shelby turned away from me, keeping its messy look. "We have to be professional." She finished her mini rant as she pulled off Chase's hat and put it in his hands before moving on to Koda. "Huh? Koda, I thought we agreed that you would wear shoes today." Shelby complained after seeing that the caveman wasn't wearing shoes right now. I shook my head at Shelby's behavior, smiling and wondering what she would do if she met one of the N-Zed boys.

"But shoes squish toes, it very much pain." Koda tried reasoning with her. She sighed and grabbed her book that Dr. Runga had written and started to walk towards the fossil expert.

"Come on." Chase told Koda and we followed Shelby towards the dig site. Tyler grabbed my hand and laced our fingers together, sending me a questioning look when I laughed to myself while imagining how Shelby would fan girl if she met a band member from the N-Zed boys. I told Tyler that I would tell him later. He smiled and nodded. We all stopped at a table, observing what was set up on the table while waiting for Dr. Runga. He glanced up at us and Shelby waved at him to gain his attention. Dr. Runga put down the plesiosaurus skull down gently before making his way towards us.