FwB Chapter 6: Plans and Affirmative Actions

Monday was supposed to be a boring work day…and for the most part it was…until she came back from her lunch break and began poking through the projects that required her attention.

It wasn't the said projects that made the day suddenly "exciting." At about 3:43 PM a noise erupted outside her door causing her to frown in confusion. The muffled shouts made her lean into her chair and lock eyes with the door, waiting for it to open forcibly.

After a few seconds the door finally burst open and a shouting Shou Hikaru appeared at the door. "You made me wait for two hours last Saturday fully knowing she wasn't in and now that she's actually in here I can't see her?!" she raved loudly.

The blonde's eyebrows stitched together at the interesting and rather random…event…that had just flown to her lap. Looking at her scowling secretary, she dismissed her with a wave and stared nonchalantly at Hikaru who sauntered to her.

Shou Hikaru stood at her shoulders—a little bit shorter than Michiru, with golden blonde hair that hung straight down past her shoulder blades. She wore a revealing tan long sleeve see-through with a tank top underneath and flair dark blue denims.

"You trying to impress some high schooler with your outfit?" Haruka asked in greeting, her eyes in an even, calm manner.

"If you're the high schooler," Hikaru said flirtatiously and sat down on the chair across the blonde.

"I'm busy. What do you want?"

The smaller woman gave a brazen smile before staring squarely at the young CEO. "You were so much friendlier the last time we met up," she stated with a fake pout.

The tomboy sighed audibly and pushed the completed paperwork on a bin to her right before looking at another packet of papers. She began reading them, fully knowing that the smaller woman was looking at her movements, but not really caring if she did anything other than say what she was here for.

"I met up with an old high school friend of mine when I got back a week ago," her guest began, toying with her hair as she continued to look at an obviously busy blonde. "You should really go to New York…of course for none work related issues. It's beautiful there. The buildings shine up at night, the streets are never empty…"

She trailed off as Haruka sighed again and added a noticeable roll of her eyes. She picked up her phone and dialed for her secretary who answered. "What time's my meeting with Kaioh-san?" she asked through the speakers.

"At four, Chairman."

She hung up without another word and glanced back at her paperwork.

Hikaru merely continued on as if she hadn't interrupted her at all. "There's an event he wants me to attend to talk about old times and flying solo for it would be a shame—

"And you really think that I have the time to just skip out on work and go with you?" the young CEO asked in a serious tone, eyeing the woman before her evenly. "Ask someone else…ask some guy—

"I don't want some guy," Hikaru cut her off loudly. "I want to take you…because we haven't spoken in a while either and I'm…rather horny—

"Get out…" Haruka said in exasperation. She pulled another set of paperwork to her in which the other girl impeded by suddenly grabbing it from her grip.

They stared evenly at each other, the blonde looking at her coolly. "I don't know what stupid things I said that night we had that…one night stand…but I take it back now…although it's kind of strange for you to be here anyway…seeing as it won't be a one night stand if we have sex again."

Hikaru only laughed. "God I missed you."

It was times like these that Haruka hated the fact that some people thought her arrogance and confidence were more of a turn on than a turn off… Frowning she motioned for her to give the paper back and stated, "Find someone else."