FwB Chapter 13: Just Another Manic Monday

All the board meetings all day had been excruciatingly long…and boring…

She stifled a yawn so as to not disrespect the representatives of the other company present in the room as one of the boards of directors' voice effectively lulled her to a semi-sleeping state. She felt a soft hand wander onto her lap, taking her out of her sleep induced stupor and looked to her left where her mother gave her a mixed look of worry and care. She only smirked back in assurance, resolute on paying more attention. Yoshiko squeezed her thigh with her hand lovingly before retracting it, her attention once again at the discussion before them.

About an hour later and Haruka yawned loudly in the elevator ride back up to their office, the elder female Tenoh beside her looking at her in amusement.

"Didn't sleep well last night?"

The tomboy could only smirk, thoughts of last night gracing her mind momentarily. "I did…just not enough."

Yoshiko nodded at her cryptic words. "How was it…your day with Michiru-chan?"

At this the young CEO could only give a genuine and wide smile. "It was good…we went to a nice coffee shop for breakfast, went to her grandfather's for lunch, visited her sister, and went to Regency for dinner," she stated like a happy child and smiled wider at the amused look her mother was still sporting her.

"Care to elaborate some more of those? I would personally like how Kaioh Kei thought of you…"

"He hated me," Haruka laughed brashly. "I could tell…He probably thought I was like…some kind of a bad influence on his grandchild, especially when she said I was her best friend, but of course he didn't want to look like he wanted to start a fight with a kid over it…so we just kind of let it go…"

Yoshiko shook her head in disagreement, her smile still fixed on her refined features. "He was notoriously known for his silent, but serious demeanor. When he didn't want something, his face usually said it for him…not his mouth."

The blonde nodded, remembering the staring contests she and the old man shared during her and Michiru's short visit to the undisclosed tea house.

"And you visited Yui-chan as well?"

"Nh…at the Kaioh cemetery."

"How was that?"

At this, the tomboy had to give a loud sigh. "I've never seen such a…dead cemetery…don't mind the pun…" Yoshiko laughed, knowing full well what her daughter was meaning to say. "The place reminded me of what you said about rich people and their history…"

She only nodded and patted her daughter's shoulder softly. "I'm glad everything's going well between the two of you…although I doubt it's as perfect as you claim it is…"

Haruka sighed again. "We're in this phase…friends…just…friends…" The elder female Tenoh looked at her momentarily in worry. "I mean…I'm happy that I can finally talk to her again…it's been too long…but…everything feels so…short…" And this thought led her to the violinist's planned marriage which sparked only one thought in her mind. "Sugiura…" Her right hand balled into a fist, Yoshiko's look becoming that much more confused and worried. "I hope I don't see him soon."

But before she could ask her daughter to elaborate, the elevator door had opened and both Tenohs found Yuki standing in front of her desk waiting for them anxiously instead of at lunch where she should've been already.

The aged secretary looked at Haruka before stating somewhat nervously, "There's someone…in your office." Two pairs of emerald eyes narrowed. "I explained that it was beyond your lunch break, but she wouldn't listen."