FwB Chapter 15: Day One

She sighed inwardly, drowning out the voice of their new wedding planner who was showing her wide array of knowledge concerning color matches for the wedding invitations. Glancing to her left she could see Haruka's still sporting that frown ever since Keiko was introduced.

Michiru was not one to believe in coincidences. Of course she knew who the raven haired woman was…she could confidently say she remembered everything the blonde had ever freely told her since her past searching didn't happen too often and when it did, it usually meant heartbreak at the tomboy's end.

Her first love, huh? She kind of knew what her mother was up to and almost laughed at the sight of how far she's willing to go to tarnish Haruka to her eyes, but unfortunately for her mother, the blonde was already the perfect angel…at least to the violinist. She figured, she would just have to do this for as long as the young CEO could stand it…and then toss it like a rag doll when it becomes too problematic. Nevertheless, she hated the little stress it caused the blonde which caused her to come to a realization concerning their wedding planner.

She would show that she didn't matter…not to her wedding and least of all not to Haruka.

"So what do you think Kaioh-san?"

The violinist smirked. "Michiru's fine…Keiko-san. As for the color coordination, I think a simple gold upon white would do. It's bold, but fnot crass enough to merit a show of wealth and simple enough to avoid arrogance."

"But Michiru-chan, don't you like the way red and white seem to go together?" Shina asked.

She hadn't tuned herself out enough to completely stop listening to what Keiko was explaining earlier though which was the whole red and white going together…thing. She turned to Haruka.

"What do you think?"

She sighed inwardly again. The blonde seemed so preoccupied in her own mind right now. It was all she could stand not to go to her and just…hug her or something. Let her know she's there and to forget little inconveniences that pop up.

But the tomboy merely shrugged in confusion.

She sighed outwardly this time. "Haruka…you're supposed to help me here. Do you really want to wear that dress for the wedding?" She wanted her playful blonde back, damn it.

Emerald eyes widened at her small threat causing her to smile.

"Alright…gold and white sounds great," Haruka stated quietly and with another shrug.

She looked at her with concern this time. "Are you okay?"

She was quite aware of the many eyes on her, but at the present moment didn't care for them.

"I personally like the gold pressed on white," Jiro stated suddenly next to her. "Red seems too…" He was hoping for the blonde to cut him off like she had been having the knack of doing.

"Overbearing?"

Yay, there she went.

The red haired man nodded. "Yeah."

"We can add our own personal traits in it by tying the invitations with ribbons colored in green or marine blue," Michiru stated, looking at Keiko resolutely as she did so. "The invitations concerning Jiro's family can be sent with the green one and anyone else concerning my side will be sent marine blue ones. I think…we're done with the decisions concerning the color for the invitations."

Purple eyes locked with hers. "Are you—

"Yes. I'm sure."

The charge of electricity was pronounced as their eyes stayed locked together, neither woman yielding. Stoned smiles stayed on their beautiful features until Keiko couldn't stand it anymore and nodded before looking away. Michiru's smile merely widened slightly.