Bad Boy Love~ Part 16

It hit me like a brick.

My mom went to China to see my dad. He said that he would send her a letter if there was no response, and I bet he did. She must have gotten the letter and went to meet him.

My own mother lied to me. She told me she was going on a three month "business" trip, when she was really going to see my dad. How could she do that without talking to me first? How could she leave me here when my dad wanted to see me too? Did I want to see him?

Deep, deep, deep down, I realized that I really wanted to see him and talked to him. My mom took that away from me! Why didn't she even see if I wanted to meet him? I could seriously punch someone right now.... but not Sam.

"What does lecture mean?" Sam asked while pointing to the note.

I stayed silent and just thought.

"Oh well," she exhaled, "I'll just Google it!" she said as she hopped off my bed and ran out of the room giggling.

I sat in silence for a few more minutes, but those minutes seemed like hours to me. Time passing by that I just spent in silent anger. Suddenly, the door of my bedroom creaked, and the worst thing that could happen at this moment is happening.

Jake was standing in my door way.

"Hey," he said quietly while rubbing his arm.

I didn't say a word, I just stood up and walked up to Jake. I know what I was about to do was really bad, and I knew that I would regret it for the rest of my life. I just couldn't help it though.... so I leaned into Jake, held up my hand, and back-handed his face as hard as I possibly could. I saw his entire body cringe as he slowly lifted his hand up to his cheek.

"Ow," he said plainly with a hint of doubt in his voice, "What the hell was that for?!" he almost screamed with an angry glare.

"For ruining my life!" I said as tears streamed down my face. I know that it wasn't Jake's fault that my dad was an asshole, but I just needed someone to blame right now.

I tried to push past him, but he grabbed me by the wrist and pulled me into his firm body, "You can't fix problems by running away," he stated while wrapping his arms around me. Was he trying to comfort me?

"That's what my dad thought, and that's why he left," I said as I tried to pull free of Jake's grasp, but it stayed firm.

"Look," he said as he easily picked me up and set my down on my desk chair. He squatted down in front of me so that we were eye to eye, "I know that you should probably get your mind off of things, so there is this party up at my friend Taylor's house," he began.

Was he trying to ask me out to a party?

"He has this huge mansion up in the mountains that his parents use as a retreat, but his parents are out of town for the next couple of weeks. Would you want to come to that party with me?" he asked kindly.

What the heck? One minute he hates me, and the next, he wants me to come to a rich guys party with him.

I stayed silent for a while and thought, then I realized, "You don't have a car, or a ride.... do you?" I laughed.

He just sat there and stared at the floor.

"You need me to come up there with you just so you can go to the party!" I said with a breath between laughs.

"Okay, fine!" he admitted, "Can you please just drive me so that I can go?" he begged.

"Why would I?" I asked.

He was silent for a while, "Cause I know your secret," he muttered.

My face went white, "You wouldn't," I said as I stared at him.