Bad Boy Love ~ Part 43

I sit in the middle of my now empty room. My mom arrives tomorrow.

Jake and I haven't spoke.

He woke up, and left. He has been staying at a friends house ever since. He's waiting until I'm gone. He can't even be in the same house with me.

I know that it's over.

I was dumb. And I lost him. I lost him.

Also, my birthday is coming up. In a few days. 18th. Finally an adult. Well, legally an adult. Not mentally.

I do some last minute checks. Making sure I didn't forget to pack away a drawer full of things. But everything is packed. The room is empty. Exactly how it was when I first got here.

I sit on my bed and grab my laptop. I mindlessly scroll through Facebook, but nothing interests me. I click on Netflix, but my mind it too cluttered to pay attention to any of the shows.

I huff and rub my face as I stare at the empty room. My mind races with memories. Jake finding my journal and me being royally pissed. Jake and I making out (a lot). Jake and I cuddling in bed. Jake and I screaming at each other.

Every memory I can think of involves Jake.

I frown as I realize there won't be any more memories with him in this room. Good or bad, those memories will stay with me forever.

I walk over to my bags and pull out a pencil and a few pieces of paper. I need to write. I need to write to Jake.

Jake's P.O.V.

"Pass the joint," Taylor says as I hand it over to him. It may be 11 a.m., but that doesn't matter to us.

"Wake and bake?" Colin laughs as he opens the fridge. "Dude, you have no fucking food!" Colin yells at Rick.

"I have Ramen, bitch. Try living on your own." Rick laughs. "I barely have enough money to buy toilet paper."

"I'm gonna order a pizza," Taylor says as he reaches for his phone.

"It's 11 o'clock in the morning!" Colin says again. "You guys are fucking idiots."

"Agreed," I laugh as Colin plops down on the couch besides me. Taylor holds the joint between his lips as he plays Call of Duty.

"Fuck! The controller battery died! I had a kill streak!" Taylor growls as he tosses the controller aside. "Rick, you seriously need to buy things other than weed. There are such things as batteries, bro."

"Dude, you're shit at that game. You would have lost anyways. Stop making excuses," I laugh as he rolls his eyes.

"It's hard for me to pay rent on my own, dude. I need a fucking roommate," Rick huffs as he sniffs a carton of milk. He grimaces as he tosses the carton in the trash. "Jake, you're 18. Move in with me."

"Hell no, not with your smelly ass," I laugh. "I haven't even graduated yet. And I, unlike some people, like to have toilet paper and batteries."

He flips me off as he grabs a water bottle. "Just think about it."

Trust me, I will. I know it's time to move out soon. I just can't picture myself leaving my mom to deal with Sam and George on her own. Plus, George is kinda a dick to Sam, and I need to keep him in check.

"Are you even going to college, man?" Colin asks.

"I have no fucking clue. I might go to the junior college here. No way in hell I would get accepted to the University."