CHAPTER TWENTY

Kyle Redmond P.O.V

My son's will turn four after six days. I overjoyed and excited for their birthday!
It will be the first ever birthday I will celebrate with them. God! I wish I wouldn't have made that horrific mistake, then I would have been able to celebrate all their birthdays with them and Paisley till date.

Just thinking about that mistake causes goosebumps to surface my body. The bump on her head, the limp in her walk, her tear stained face, the bruises on her arms are the things I can never forget and neither do I want to.
They are a constant reminder of what a bastard I had been to her that night, and I need to remember it, in order to strive hard to get her back and treat her right.

I didn't realise I had shed tears thinking about all that till I felt wetness on my cheeks. Sitting here in my suite all alone surrounded by darkness makes me feel dead!

Some people might think or say that I am fool to cry over such things, but it does not affect me.

For me, masculinity does not mean hiding your true emotions, it means being strong enough to express them freely. This was something Pasiley taught me and something that became a part of me when she was forced to leave. I don't mind going into the arms of my woman and cry my heart out. She is my strength and she always will be!

It's been almost two hours I have been crying and cursing myself for driving away such a wonderful woman away from me. But it doesn't matter now, does it?
I have crushed her! But I need her by my side, I simply cannot function without her! I know earning her love, trust, and most importantly her oldself back will be hard, but I will. I will try and strive hard to have her back. I won't stop!

My phone has been ringing for the last ten minutes, but that person get the message I don't want to talk and just doesn't stop. I got irritated and picked up without checking the caller ID.

"What the f*ck do you want?" I snapped at the person on the other side of the line.

"You don't give me that attitude, Kyle! Keep your celibate self under control!" Answered my best buddy Kevin from the other side. It's true, I haven't been sexually involved with any woman after I began my search for Paisley. Kevin Rhodes is a very successful hotelier. He and I have been best buddies from middle school. He knows everything about me, he was like an elder brother to Paisley. He had never been supportive of my devious plan, but I assured him I wouldn't do anything like that, but I betrayed him too. When he got to know what I had done he cut of all connections with me. For two years we never talked but after that when he saw me and my condition after I almost got into a deadly accident due to alcohol overdose,we started interacting again. He knows I have been looking for Paisley and he has been equally worried about her, but he dosen't know that I have found her along with our two kids.

"Shut it Rhodes! Tell me what you want!" I snapped at him.

"Where have you been, Redmond? Me and Liam have been worried sick about you. You just disappered! It's been two weeks bro, two bloody weeks! In which f*cking corner of this damn world are you?" He said sounding pissed. Liam is also a very close friend of ours. He owns several publishing companies.

"I am in New Jersey. I came here two weeks ago." I told him.

"Jersey? Why? I don't remember you having any important work there ever, so why?" He asked confused.

"Um.. Kevin..." I was hesitating to tell him about meeting Paisley again, when he cut me off.

"Just say it a*s!" Kevin barked.

"I have found Paisley, she's here in New Jersey.." I trailed off waiting for his reaction.

"What!? When? How? I mean why didn't you tell us? Are you serious?" He asked frantically.