Chapter 2

Frigga

The rain outside hammered down ruthessly, echoing throughout the whole building for us to hear. Dark grey clouds that almost looked black hovered over the sky. Thunder rattled the earth while lighting illuminated the dark setting.

"Mom I'm serious," I said into the phone. "I really think it means something."

"Honey that device is always malfunctioning," she explained, "I don't want you to get your hopes up for nothing."

"I don't have my hopes up! I think he is genuinely coming back!"

"He would have some back sooner than now if he was going to come back at all. Not to mention the fact that we haven't even heard from him."

"He wouldn't propse to you if he wasn't going to come back," I huffed in annoyance. "Will you just come home and look at the damn thing."

"Language!" I heard Steve yell from across the room. I laughed and plopped down on the couch.

"Well..." my mom started, "I actually wasn't planning on coming home tonight. You've seen how bad it's coming down out there, right?"

"Mom...." I groaned. "Yea I see. What time will you be home tomorrow?"

"As soon as it's calmed down."

"How do I turn the beeping off?" At this point it was driving me absolutely crazy.

I heard her laugh on the other side of the call, "Take the batteries out."

Of course, I thought as she hung up. I retrieved the device from the counter and ripped the batteries from the back, sighing when it was finally quiet. I dropped the device on the counter, threw the batteries in the junk drawer, and retreated back to my room. It was getting late and despite the fact that there was no class, the last day of school was pretty tiring. As I walked to my room I passed Clint.

"Lessons tomorrow at eight sharp," he started walking with me.

"Eight?"

"Sharp," he nodded his head as we stepped out of the elevator.

"That's so early and it's just barely the last day of school..." I trailed off.

"Nine," he rolled his eyes as he walked up the stairs towards his room.

"Sharp!" I called after him as I walked towards my own room and laughed. I heard him slightly chuckle from across the rooms. The clock only said it was eight, yet the sky was jet black. The rain seemed to only get harder while the lighting continued to illuminate the sky and the thunder shook everything below. In one quick motion I grabbed my all-glass tablet and sat on my bed. The giant, puffy, white comforter squashed below me and puffed out at the sides. I double tapped the glass making it light up a light blue color. The image displayed on the glass was a picture of Noah and I while we went camping with our friends last summer.

Within a few seconds I had pulled up music on the glass and it started playing softly from the device. Aiming the device at my TV, I flicked the display from the glass and towards the TV. The glow from the tablet was gone but the screen and the music was now transferred to the television screen. This made the music slightly louder than before but not loud enough to disturb anyone around my room. I grabbed a book from my nightstand and curled up in the corner of my bed against the wall.

*

A loud beeping noise pulled me from a deep sleep. The beeping radiated around my head, making me sit up in a groggy haze. The time on the television displayed 2:03 in bold, red lettering. I looked around, realizing I fallen asleep curled up in the corner with a book in my hand. The beeping continued to annoy me so I jumped off my bed and swung my door open.

This only made the beeping louder. I jogged down the stairs and went over to the elevator area, seeing a figure emerge from the metallic doors.

"Landyn what are you doing?" I whispered.

"I saw this on the counter when I got up for water," she shoved the machine in my hands, "I wanted to know what it did but I didn't think batteries would make it beep like that."

"Why didn't you take them out?" I asked while getting back in the elevator and removing the back of the device.

Landyn followed me,"It looked like it was leading me somewhere."

"I don't think that's what it does," I shrugged. "Hit the button for the science floor."

She did as requested and we decended down to that level.

"What is it then?" She asked with a puzzled look all over her face.

"I'm not exactly sure.." I trailed off, running the machine through my hands.

The doors opened up to let us off at the science floor. I lead Landyn through the maze of tables and projects until we made it back to my moms lab. The substance from the beaker was still looking fine, just like my mom left it, and the box of old devices was still on the counter. I dropped it in the box.

"There," I put the box on the counter under the shelf, "Out of sight. Out of mind."

*

"Well which one looks better?" I prodded my mom and Darcy for an opinion on the two dresses I held in my hand.

"I think you should try them on," my mom shrugged.

"I like the blue one," Darcy spoke up. "It brings out your blue eyes."

"I'll try them on," I nodded and threw both dresses over my arm. I retreated into a dressing room and hung up both of the dresses. I then proceeded to try them on.

The blue dress was very dark and cut off at my knee. With the thin straps it would be perfect to wear under my gown, it wouldn't be too hot. Plus it would match the silver cap I would wear tomorrow night. Without even bothering to try on the red one, I left the dressing room. I had been here too long for my comfort and I honestly just wanted graduation over with. My mother and I made a deal that as long as my grades were good in school, I wouldn't have to work during highschool. But now that I was graduating, it was time to earn my own money. I couldn't wait either, I was excited to have a job and experience life in a new way. Tony even set me up an interview to be apart of SHEILD. I'm not sure what the job was for but atleast it was a start.

"Told you she would choose the blue one," Darcy bragged on the way out of the store. My mother just responded by rolling her eyes.

Within the next 24 hours I would have succeeded at graduating a year early. The thought of leaving those hallways excited and terrified me at the same time. My mind buzzed with the idea of being done with it all, yet I felt a drop in my stomach when I remembered how I was done with it. I finished highschool. I'm graduating, growing up even.

And my dad wasn't here to watch me.

~~~~
A/N

yo so there's this book that I started writing around january and I really really love the concept of it. It's just an orignial book and story but if I were to upload it to here how many of you would read it? its doesnt have anything to do with Marvel or any other fandom but idk i kinda want to upload it anyways

also i was looking through DOT and i figured out that chapter 26 wasn't completed???? like only half of it was there and it literally stopped in the middle of a word? which is weird cause i rememeber writting the ending to that chapter

SO I WENT AND COMPLETED THE CHAPTER OKAY
okay

ALSO IDOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO MAKE TRAILORS FOR BOOKS? CAUSE I RLLY RLLY RLLY WANT ONE FOR THE FIRST DAUGHTER OF THOR
PLS
THNK U

anywho, i hope ya liked this chapter. any more ideas for the plot line? I still have that offer open.
whoop whoop

Arc Reator Love and a Hulk Hug!
-MarvelNerd
~~~~