Cashé Johnson: Chapter 1

"Why can't we go together?" He ask for what seems like the billionth time.

"We can't"

"And why is that?"

"Cause we can't"

"We can't or you just don't want to?" He ask.

I sat down my black dress on my dresser and turn around to face him.
Took a deep breath and reply

"Baby I just don't think it's a good idea if we show up at Tori's wedding together holding hands and all that. Everyone will be looking at us, then start asking 21 questions. And to be honest I don't think Tori would like all the attention to be on us and not on her. Specially on her wedding day."

"I'm starting to have a feeling that you don't want our friends to know that we're together Cashé. I mean we've been friends for over 10 years, I'm pretty sure they will be happy for us......." He takes two steps towards me and reach for my hands and said
"Baby we're moving in together soon. So either way they will find out. Tori is already on to us. That girl be knowing everything. So what's the hold up?"

"It's just..." I start to say

He pulls back from me and ask

"Is it because of what me and your best friend Leilani had when we were kids? Is it cause of her? Cause you know we were just jits right? That doesn't count."

I stare at him with no answer.
Even though that wasn't quite the reason, I just didn't know what to tell him.
I mean how do you tell the guy you love of 3 years that you slept with his homeboy the night before.

"I'm sorry Skyler, I have to get ready for work."

I left him standing there. His question still wondering in the air. As I close the bathroom door behind me I can tell this was honestly not going to be a beautiful beginning.