Chapter Seven

We somehow made it out of the territory without being seen, which completely surprised me with how many patrols they send out all the time.

That's how we got to Ashton's pack lines. Make it into the pack grounds without incident and have Ashton introduce me to his pack? Yeah sounds easy right? I thought so too but ya know - I never knew how wrong I was.

Which is, in the end how I found myself circled by twelve wolves with me and Ashton both in the middle in our wolf forms.

I'm eternally grateful that Ashton stood protectively in front of me, otherwise there's no chance I'd look menacing enough for them to even give me a second glance before they kill me.

I stood behind Ashton with my back turned to him so our tails were touching as I watched the wolves behind us.

They were all growling with they're ears back while Ashton had his ears up and was snarling at them all, showing his long teeth.

I found myself not even thinking about the wolves surrounding us but Ashton's wolf. I had found myself admiring his wolf while he protected me earlier because of its sheer beauty.

His wolf was pitch black with a white circle around his left eye and a stripe running from the circle to the base of his ear.

I've honestly never seen a wolf as beautiful as him, even if that sounds cliche I don't give a fuck.

Usually people would say the pure white wolves are the prettiest or maybe the pitch black ones are, but even though Ashton's wolf is pure black except the one white stripe I found myself thinking his will be the most beautiful wolf I've ever seen. Again, I don't care if that's cliche or even if I'm only thinking such a thing because I'm his mate but it's still the truest sentence I've ever told.

I shake myself from my thoughts when I hear Ashton let out a deadly growl that makes all the wolves cower.

I watch stunned as Ashton looks around at each wolf making sure they've submitted to him.

Each wolf slowly lowers they're head as Ashton passes them with his eyes.

Ashton turns and nudges me with his nose to tell me to walk before he turns back around and walks through the barrier of wolves.

I internally smile when he snarls again at one of the wolves to my right that growls at me when I pass.

I get that I'm an intruder to them but come on it's not that big of a deal... Right?

I huff quietly and follow behind Ashton with my bag in my mouth as he leads us through the woods.

I figured out a long time ago that those were Ashton's pack members, like come on it's not hard to know, so I wasn't surprised that they submitted to Ashton.

It took us about 15 minutes to get to the pack house I'm guessing with how many people were outside walking around. When we got there he led us inside - still in our wolf form might I add - and up the stairs.

I'm sure it was easy with how big Ashton's wolf was but he managed somehow. His wolf took up the entire hallway though.

He stopped in front of a door and nodded his head with a snort out of his muzzle. I took that as a sign to walk in so I did and used my snout to close the door behind me.

I heard Ashton snort again but eventually he walked away.

I walked into the bathroom just as extra precaution and shut the door before shifting and putting the clothes on.

I chose a tight-ish tshirt and an oversized hoodie and paired it with a pair of leggings and mismatched socks - cause ya know, who cares about socks these days?