Chapter Nine

"Is she dead?"

"No she's breathing dimwit."

"Well she looks dead!"

"Idiot."

"Will you both shut the fuck up?!"

"Sorry."

I mentally sigh. I've been listening to this go on for I think 2 days... I've figured out I'm in this sort of awake, yet asleep state. For others I look asleep, but for me I'm awake just with my eyes closed.

Weird, I know.

So I've had to deal with these dickwads for the past however many days because they don't know how to shut up.

They've given me more headaches in the past 2 days than I've had in the past 4 weeks.

I know for a fact that Ashton is here, I get a butterfly swarm in my stomach whenever I hear his voice so I know it's him. The other two I don't know though.

They're in his pack and I've narrowed it down to be either kids in the pack - well I say kids but I think they're around 15 or 16 - or they're maybe trackers? Maybe warriors.

Another mental sigh goes through me as they start arguing - again.

"Sir, what happens when she wakes up?"

"What?"

"Like who is she? She seems pretty important. So what happens when she wakes up?"

"We'll figure it out when she does."

"But why can't we now?"

"Because I said so Jacob."

"Come on!"

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"God dammit Jacob I will take this pen and shove it so far up you're ass you'll be tasting the ink for weeks if you don't shut up, got it?"

Yep, that's my mate for ya. I've learned through this sleeping/awake state that he is quite childish. He doesn't act like I've seen other Alpha's act.

Sure he's mean and strict when he needs to be but I'm not sure what's made him so feared. Even when he's being strict he still has an underlying softness to his tone.

I'm taken from my thoughts when a small prick is felt on my arm and then seconds later the familiar sensation of falling asleep.

~~~~~~~~~

Ashton's POV

~~~~~~~~

2 days. She hasn't woken up for 2 days. I'm not acting like myself since she's out and the pack members are starting to notice.

At the beginning when she was taken here many people came to give they're condolences, even though they don't know who she is.

But now they try to stay as far away from me as possible.

The only people willing to spend time with me are my nephews Jacob and Derek, but they're the only ones who I want to leave me alone... Ironic huh?

I've changed from my carefree and lovable Alpha to the Alpha everyone believes I am. The heartless, ignorant, and cruel Alpha.

I yell or threaten anyone who comes near her, and whenever someone tries to talk to me I glare and say hateful things.

I hope they know I don't mean it but just in case I'll give a small 'sorry' speech to let everyone know.

That will also be when I introduce Madeline to my pack.

I look back down at her sleeping form and can't help the anger that builds up inside of me.

It's all my fault, that's all that runs through my head every second I stare at her and she doesn't wake up.

The doctor made me stand outside the room while she looked her over because I apparently was hard to handle.

I wouldn't necessarily call it hard to handle so much so that I was merely... Obnoxious.

I had growled or snarled whenever someone tried to touch her. I had tried desperately to stop but ya know, the perks of being half wolf huh?

Note my sarcasm.

Anyways, the doctor had made me step out of the room so she could do her job, and did a full examination.

What she told me almost made me fall to my knees at the guilt that ran through me.

It was my fault.

*flashback*

"Alpha?" I look up at the pack Doctor standing in the doorway. Immediately getting to my feet I walked over and waited for him to tell me what was wrong with my mate.

"It's quite odd actually. Not many people have suffered from such a thing but it has happened." I growl at him to make him hurry up.

With a sigh he continues.

"You're choice of women has put you're mate in here."

I frown at him, not understanding what he's saying.

With another sigh he stares me straight in the eye.

"Because you cheated on you're mate, the pain she felt was too much with both her and her wolfs pain combined which overall made her body shut down."

That would explain the heartburn I felt earlier. I grip onto the chair next to me for support. The way he put it made me feel like I had done something wrong.

She kissed me, not the other way around. Shouldn't it only affect her if I had started the kiss?

"It's not my place to give advice but considering this is extremely rare, given no one ever cheats on they're mates, I'd highly suggest you either put Madeline out of her misery and reject her, or dump you're other girl. You can't have both Alpha."

With that he turn and walks away. I don't even pay attention to the anger I feel from him disrespecting us by getting involved with my personal life. I can only focus on one thing.

It's all my fault...

What have I done?

~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys (: so I didn't get to update yesterday like I had hoped but good news!! So at my school they hand out laptops they assign to us, and they're MacBook Airs... Yeah... So I'll be getting a Mac on Thursday - so 2 more days - and then I'll be able to update so much more! I'll be able to write in class and such so be ready for lots of updates!!

Thanks for reading guys (: hope you're enjoying so far and I plan on updating tomorrow or the next day!

Hope you all are having an amazing week, anyone in school? If you are having a good week maybe make mine a little better? Vote comment and follow (:

-Skittles 💋

When you're happy you enjoy the music, when you're sad you understand the lyrics.