Chapter Twenty Six

My wolf smirks at the girl, loving the feeling of her shaking in fear underneath my hand. Don't get my wrong, I would never lay a hand on another girl - but my wolf is a different story.

He would do anything in order to get his mate back, with him being the wolf he has a bigger connection with Madeline and her wolf than I do since he has the natural instincts that come with having a mate.

He doesn't like when he doesn't have his mate beside him.

"I will ask one last time. Where. Is. My. Mate?" He growls loudly making Ashley flinch in fear.

"I-I don't know!" She whimpers and claws desperately claws at my hand, trying to get me to release her. My wolf growls once again making her immediately stop what she's doing under the threatening command.

"I swear I don't know! It was just a rumor, I didn't hear anything come out of his mouth! I just saw a man walking around the perimeter I thought he was authorized!" She starts sobbing in my hands making me more annoyed than I already was.

With one final growl my wolf releases her. I watch as she crumbles to the ground sobbing. I look down at her in disgust, my wolf controlling my emotions makes me think she disgusts us, I try convincing him to be nice to her since girls tend to talk more when they don't feel threatened but he ignores me and stalks out of the house.

It takes over 40 minutes but eventually he gives control back to me and I waste no time in running back to Ashley's house. I'm stuck on the notion that she has information but is too scared of me to give it up. 

I have to try playing nice.

When I get there I knock lightly on the door. I hear shuffling inside is heard before the door opens to reveal Ashley once again.

She gasps and I immediately see the fear run across her face.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to hurt you. I apologize for earlier, my wolf was in control and I had no say in my actions." She nods and sniffles before opening the door wider, inviting me in.

I know its probably because I'm her Alpha and her wolf probably feels the need to please us by letting us inside but either way I feel happy that she trusts us in some sense.

I walk into the house and sit down on the couch, tapping the seat beside me. She cautiously sits down but makes sure to keep some sort of distance between us.

"Look, I'm sure you've heard of what happened to your future Luna right?" She nods so I continue on with what I'm trying to say.

"Well I have recently gotten information that you heard of a rogue on our border talking about her. I need to know if thats true. This is the only lead we've gotten so far and I need to find your Luna for both the packs sake and my own. If you have any information I need you to tell me." I try to keep my tone gentle so I don't scare her or anything but with the raging emotions going on inside of me I'm not to sure how I did.

"I-I can't." A spark of hope runs through me.

She knows something obviously she just doesn't want to give up the information. Why though?

"What do you mean you can't?" I frown and look at her but she isn't looking at me she's looking down at her lap where her hands are.

"I can't tell you." She sniffles, probably meaning she's dealing with some large emotions as well as I am.

"Why?" I place my hand gently on her arm for support but also so that she will hopefully look at me.

"They... They threatened my family if I told. They said that they would kill them." She starts sobbing once again making me run on natural instincts to comfort her. Its more of what the Luna is for but I guess I'll have to do it this once.

I pull her into my arms and into a hug. She gratefully accepts it, wrapping her arms around me and sobbing onto my shoulder. 

"Its ok, I will place them under protection so they won't be hurt. I need you to tell me what you know though." She nods but continues crying so I patiently wait for her to compose herself even though on the inside I'm screaming at her to hurry up.

She eventually composes herself enough to talk to me after about 15 minutes of waiting.

I give an internal sigh of relief that we can finally go over what she knows.

"Is it ok if I give the whole story? It will make much more sense than just telling certain parts." I nod because I'd rather me understand than having to waste even more time on asking what certain parts mean.

"It all sorta started when Madeline's father committed  suicide-"

~~~~~~~~

Hi guys (: So I felt in a really good mood so I thought I'd update, I know its not necessarily the best update as many of my previous ones haven't been but its something right? I hope you're enjoying even if it isn't the best of quality ):

Hope you guys are having an awesome Saturday, if you are maybe you could spread the love and vote and comment? Maybe even follow me? <3

-Skittles 💋

I do it because I can. I can because I want too. I want too because you said I couldn't.