Chapter Eleven

I watch as Ashton and my 'technically' Alpha stare at each other challengingly. Its almost like they're in a standoff type of thing. Alpha George snarls loudly making Ashton snarl as well but I'm not sure if its just because I'm his mate or if its actually what everyone else thought but to me Ashton's snarl was much louder and more intimidating than Alpha George's.

Alpha George must think so too because i see him stop slightly in his menacing approach that he was trying to do as Ashton growls at him.

It takes everything in me to stay where i am and not go show myself beside Ashton's rhino sized wolf, but i know i have to wait for the right moment to make my presence known.

Alpha George stalks closer to Ashton, almost as though he's stalking him like prey, as Ashton sits there staring at his every move without moving an inch.

I'm frozen in shock as Alpha George pounces on Ashton without warning, making the two wolves Ashton came with immediately jump in the fight, trying to protect they're Alpha. Luckily Ashton had quick reflexes and managed to angle his body to the side before Alpha George got too close.

My wolf whimpers and howls in my head, begging me to go help our mate but i manage to stay put.

A sharp pain radiates through my body starting from right above my right hip and spreading outwards. I whimper, knowing it must be much worse for Ashton considering he's the one who's actually getting hurt and I'm just feeling it through the mate bond but still it was enough to make me cower in pain.

The pain only lasted a second before it started to dissipate but i knew that Ashton still felt it even though i didn't.

I watched - and felt - as a huge grey wolf that came with Alpha George pounced on Ashton while he wasn't looking, which left him outnumbered. Two to One.

Without so much as a second thought i bolted out of the tree line and into the clearing with one spot in my mind. I don't pay attention as the other wolves fight at both my sides, rather i basically had tunnel vision as i made my way across the field at my top speed to where Ashton was cornered into a wall of trees. If he tried really hard he could get through but it was quite a tight space, even for me.

I finally reached them after that felt like hours but was in reality only maybe at the most two minutes.

Without wasting a beat i ran full speed at the huge grey wolf, catching him off guard i pummeled into him leaving us to tumble across the grass while both of us tried to twist and turn so we would have an advantage.

I don't look at where Ashton is, not wanting to get distracted and rather focus my full attention on trying to land so i was on top.

Sadly, he landed slightly on top of me and had the bigger advantage. He snarled at me before lunging at my neck. I managed to move before anything was seriously damaged, making him bite me to the right of where his original target was.

I hear growling to my left as two wolves fought close to us.

I immediately caught on to the way he slightly got distracted, his ear turning to the right of him to the sound, meaning he was paying attention to the other fight rather than ours at the moment.

I don't waste my opportunity and lunge at his neck.

Bingo.

I bite down as hard as i possibly can but i almost let go when i hear his wolf whimpering. I know he's part of my pack and it makes my wolf not want to hurt the guy but i push that feeling away. As much as i hate hurting people, i need to do it in order to protect my mate.

I bite down harder and his wolf whimpers louder, going completely slack in my jaws. My wolf manages to make me feel bad - once again - so with one last hard bite and his last whimper i throw my head to the side, making him roll off of me.

I don't want to use the mind link to talk to him 1) because i don't know who he is so its not like he would hear me, id have to know who I'm talking to if i were to go into only they're mind link and 2) i don't want to use my old pack link, it makes shivers go down my spine just thinking about it. Not the good kind.

When i see the wolf just laying there i snarl loudly to get my point across. Luckily, he seems to understand what i want and stands shakily to his feet before bowing his head down and showing his neck - a sign of submitting.

Happy that i didn't have to kill him, i growl loudly one more time before turning to find Ashton. I see him still fighting Alpha George and quickly run at them.

When i reach them i wait until Alpha George's back is to me and he can't see my next move before running and jumping onto his back.

I know, smart move right? Wrong.

He growls and thrashes his body around, trying to throw me off. I manage to stay on his back for a few moments - which trust me wasn't easy - before he throws me off to the right of him. He seems to recognize me as a gleam runs through his eyes before he grabs me by the scruff of my neck and tugs me to my feet.

He doesn't wait a second before moving his head down swiftly and grabbing onto the part of my neck that would instantly kill me if he were to move in a rough way at all.

He lightly tugged on me, indicating i was to walk forward.

My eyes flash to Ashton's wolf as he watches our every move. I know i probably should have been scared - and i was don't get me wrong - but not as much as i probably should have been. I knew Ashton would find a way to help me, wether it be after i left or as I'm leaving.

You could call it a gut feeling.

I was proven right when Ashton waited a few more seconds, with me being a good football field away from him now, before stalking up to Alpha George silently. He pounced and bit into Alpha George's neck, making him instantly drop me.

But when i turned around i noticed something.

It looked like Hell was reborn.

~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! Ok so i got my computer - yay - so i will not (hopefully) be updating a lot more, as in either everyday or every other day. Hell, i may even update twice in one day, you'll just have to wait and see (;

Hope you guys are enjoying and are having an amazing Thursday, if you are maybe you could spread the happiness a bit and vote and comment? Maybe even follow? 😊

-Skittles 💋

You can't buy happiness - but you can buy cupcakes and thats kind of the same thing.