Chapter 1

"Wake up (Y/N)!" My mom yelled.

I sighed, and got up. I don't exactly know what I was feeling, I never do. It's normally a grey feeling, kinda boring I guess. I changed into my school uniform, and put my hair up, sloppily. It was always that simple look for me. Nothing too flashy, never want to draw attention to myself. It causes those panic attacks. I walked downstairs, and ate the cereal my mom poured for me. I finished then grabbed my bag, put on my shoes, and headed to school, my first day of my freshman year.

Interesting.

I sighed and crossed the street to school grounds. Everyone was hanging out with someone or doing something. Guess I should make new friends? I walked over to the fountain, and sat on the edge. I stared at the water for about five seconds before I heard a voice.

"Hello? Are you new here?" I turned to look into these beautiful, shining, baby blue eyes it was a boy with light brown hair.

"Uh, yes," I replied dully.

"My name is, Laurance," he smiled.

"(Y/N). It's nice to meet you... I guess," I shrugged.

"Uh, so you're a freshman?"

"Yes. Is that a problem?" I asked.

"No. Not at all," he smiled.

"Good," I nodded.

"Sorry, but why haven't you smiled since you got here? This is high school, you're supposed to have fun!" He said doing a silly dance. I giggled then felt a sudden wave of panic go through me. I fell off the edge of the fountain, and tried to take in breaths, but nothing would come in. I felt dizzy, and everything seemed to be fading in and out of existence. "Are you okay?!" Laurance yelled.

I threw my bag off my back, and shoved my hand into my bag, blindly looking for my inhaler. I wrapped my hand around it, and yanked it out of the bag, I quickly shook it, and used it. I pulled it out of my mouth, and took in deep breaths, and leaned against the fountain. Laurance knelt down next to me. "What was that?"

"P-Panic attack," I took in a few more breaths.

"Why?" I looked at him.

"I'm... strange. I have a panic attack every time I feel... emotions I guess."

"How is that possible?" I shrugged lazily.

"I try not to think about it, it makes me feel sad then I get a panic attack," I explained.

"Weird-"

"I know."

"Oh, hey. They've opened the doors. Let's head inside." He helped me to my feet, and I scooped up my things, and followed Laurance inside. He lead me to another boy with darker blue eyes, and blondish hair. "Hey, Garroth."

"Oh, hey, Laurance," Garroth waved us over. He was talking to a girl with pinkish looking hair. "Who's this?" Garroth asked Laurance, while dismissing the girl for a few moments.

"I met her outside. This is, (Y/N)," Laurance introduced me. I waved kinda shy like, and made an effort to give a small smile.

"Hello," Garroth smiled, "it's nice to meet you."

"Same." I nodded.

"What's her problem?" Garroth whispered to Laurance.

"Uh, well she can't feel normal emotions without... having a... well a panic attack." Laurance whispered back. I rolled my eyes.

"You realize I can hear you... right?" I asked. They looked at me with wide eyes. I rolled my eyes, and took a deep breath.

"Right," Garroth nodded, looking up. "Oh! Uh, Ivy!" The girl with the pink hair came back over.