Chapter 9

It's been about two months since I told Aaron to leave me alone. He seemed to be respecting that, in Werewolf class he won't even look at me, and he would never text me.

I thought he might have been the one to "fix" me like Alice said.

I sighed. I was sitting in Witchcraft staring out the window, watching as the snow fell. It was Friday again.

The snow had been coming down pretty hard by now. It's almost December too. That'll be exciting. I heard the bell ring, and I quickly grabbed my stuff and headed to werewolf class.

I saw him sitting at the back where our seats were. I walked back, and sat next to him. I glanced over at him, and he just started at his hands.

I don't think I can do this anymore. I nudged him with my shoulder and he looked at me. "So what are you doing this weekend?" I whispered, not looking at him.

"Uh, why does it matter?" He mumbled.

"I was just curious, maybe you'd like to maybe meet at the park?" I could feel him perk up.

"I don't have anything to do. Maybe I will take up your offer." He whispered. I smiled softly, and that warm feeling returned I felt better.

Saturday couldn't come faster. I got a text the next day.

A- Hey, you still up to meet me?

Y- Of course.

A- How about in an hour or so?

Y- Okay! See you!

A- See you.

I got up and changed into some jeans and a white sweater then put on a scarf, beanie and some boots, then stuffed my phone and inhaler into a small sling bag along with my notebooks for my drawing homework then ran off to the park.

As I approached one of the entrances of the park I heard my phone ring. I quickly pulled it out of my bag and answered it. "Hello?"

"(Y/N), where are you?"

"Dad, I'm at the park with Aaron."

"You mean the boy who made you upset?"

"Yeah, I want to be friends with him again."

"If that's what you want, but he better keep his hands off you."

"Dad... that's gross."

"Sorry, sorry!"

"Gotta go bye!" I hung up and ran into the park. I didn't see him at first, well it's a big park. I walked around for a while until I covered the whole park seven times. I sighed and leaned against a tree. I guess he stood me up.

My phone binged, and I grabbed it again. It was a text from Aaron.

A- Look up, silly.

I looked up and saw him sitting in a tree branch, laughing. I rolled my eyes. and hoisted myself up to the first branch, then I climbed up to where he was sitting. He smiled.

"Hey."

"Uh, hi," I nodded.

"So, why'd you want to meet up?"

"I just wanted to talk?"

"Really?" He laughed again. I punched him.

"No I asked you here so we could make out!" I rolled my eyes.

"What?" I saw blush creep across his cheek, which made my own cheeks feel warm. I looked away.

"I was... trying to make a... joke... I think."

"Oh, well you got me," his voice seemed to be in a breathless state. "So, what'd you wanna talk about?"

"Us." I turned to face him, and straddled the branch.

"What does that mean?" He asked.

"Well, I just I felt bad after I ignored you for two months. You respected my space, and I appreciate that. I just... I don't understand what a joke is too much. Or anything that has to do with feelings. When you were mimicking me as a robot it just made me... angry, I think. As soon as you left I had a panic attack. I ended up in the hospital for a few days. Which is why I missed school," I sighed.

"Oh. But you're okay now?" He asked.

"I brought my inhaler just in case," I nodded, patting my bag.

"So is that all?" He asked.

"Pretty much." I nodded.

"Anything else you wanted to do?"

"Could I... draw you? ...For art class?" I asked hesitantly.

"Uh, s-sure," he nodded, seeming a bit flustered. I pulled one of my notebooks out and started to draw the skeleton of him.

I finished feeling very pleased and I signed my name, because that's what you're supposed to do. At least that's what my mom told me. "Can I see it?"

"You probably don't want to. It's really bad." I shrugged.

"I don't care if it's good, bad or in between. I just want to see what I look like." He laughed. I shrugged again and handed him the book. He looked at it with wide eyes.

"Is it... bad?"

"N-No. Not at all." He handed it back to me, and patted my shoulder. "My friend's an artist."

I rolled my eyes. "I'm not that good."

"What about the one drawing you did of your character on our game?"

"What about it?"

"It was amazing!"

"Well, thank you." I gave him a small glance. "Now can we stop talking about me? I don't like it."

"Sure... so how are your parents?" He asked.

"They're fine. My dad's still, probably, upset with you."

"That's fair. Did you ever go back, and meet you biological parents?"

"If I tell you, you promise not to tell anyone?"

"Sure."

"Okay. I did go back, and I found out that there is a way to "fix" me."

"You mean so you can feel emotions!?" He looked excited. I nodded.

"Uh, huh."

"Well what is it?" He yelled. I covered my ears. "Sorry." He whispered.

"It has to be like falling in love or whatever, but the thing is how am I supposed to know what falling in love feels like?" I fiddled with my fingers a bit, and leaned against the trees trunk, looking down. "And what if I never do fall in love. Then what?"

"You'll still be my friend." I looked up at him. "I don't care if you're different in the future or the same. You'll always be my friend."

"Thanks." I nodded. I looked down again. I felt two arms wrap around me. I looked over and saw Aaron. He had his two arms wrapped tightly around me. He quickly pulled away, his cheeks red.

"Sorry."

"What was that?" I asked curiously.

"You've never had a hug before?" He looked surprised.

"What's the point if you never need one?"

"It's just supposed to feel good."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah."

"...I kinda enjoyed it."