Chapter 6

Fourth day of school!!! Gah! Almost the weekend. Then there's no school. "Hey!" I looked up at Aaron.

"Sorry. I zoned out," I mumbled.

"I could tell. You looked a million miles away," he chuckled. I shrugged, and crossed my arms over my chest.

"So, how do you like Shu- Aphmau so far?" I asked.

"I don't know. I haven't really talked to her... why?"

"Beats me," I shrugged, "I'm just making sure this doesn't get awkward."

"Obviously," he rolled his eyes.

"So anything planned this weekend?"

"Not really. You?"

"No. Wanna meet up at the park or something?" I asked.

"Sounds good," he smiled. I nodded as we headed into school.

"Well, I have to go to my homeroom. I'll see you later," I waved then headed off to class. First hour flew by pretty fast, mostly Zane telling me how sorry he was about yesterday, and me explaining to him that it was fine. The bell rang and I got up, feeling slightly... irritated. Then headed to art. I went over, and sat next to Garroth and Laurance and leaned my head on the table.

"Geez, first hour tired you out already?" Laurance teased.

"Garroth's brother was being super annoying," I mumbled.

"Eh, kinda sounds like Zane," Garroth shrugged.

"Geez, you're a good brother," I rolled my eyes.

"Do you even have any siblings?" Laurance asked. I sighed and traced a bunch of circles in the palm of my hand.

"No. I'm the only child, and I was adopted because my mom can't have kids," I glanced down at my shoes.

"Have you met your biological parents?" Garroth looked a little upset.

"Nah, they don't care about me. Left me on the steps of an orphanage, a little letter saying:

Please take care of this mistake.

Pinned to the blanket I was wrapped in. They've never been my parents. They'll never want to meet me," I picked a piece of lint of my uniform, and tossed it on the floor. I then felt a buzz in my skirt pocket. "Hold on. Cover for me." I said while pulling my phone out.

M- Hey, Doll.

Y- Hey mom. Something wrong?

M- Kinda. Your biological parents want to meet you.

I dropped my phone and fell out of my chair feeling like someone had just knocked the breath out of me. I stared at the ceiling, and tried to breath as it started to shake and blur. I felt someone squeeze my inhaler into my hand, and I shakily forced my hands to use it.

I sat up gasping and quickly ran my hand through my hair angrily.

"Are you okay?" Garroth asked, helping me get to my feet.

"M-M-M-M-M-M-M-M-M-M-My-"

"Calm down your going to give yourself another panic attack!" Laurance yelled. I took a deep breath, and picked up my phone and put it in my pocket.

"It's nothing," I sighed and sat down, letting myself calm down.

"You sure?" Garroth asked.

"Positive." I nodded.

At the end of the hour I got up to walk to my next class, Gym. "Hey! Wait up!" Garroth yelled. I stopped walking and waited for h to catch up.

"Uh, hey." I shrugged.