Chapter 8

I walked up to the restaurant, alone. Just like I planned. I had called them after I snuck the number of mom's phone. They should be inside right now.

I took a deep breath, and pushed the door open. There they were, sitting in the same place as the last time. I hesitantly walked over there, and sat down.

"Andres," the lady smiled. She looked so much like me... and I hated it.

"(Y/N)." I mumbled.

"Right, sorry." The man chuckled. "I'm sorry if we scared you yesterday."

"It's quiet alright." I nodded.

"I'm sure you have many questions." She smiled. I nodded again, folding my hands.

"What are your names, because just so you know, I'm not going to call you mom and dad." I said giving them a small glare.

"That's quite understandable," the man smiled. "My name is Dean and this is my wife Alice."

"Thank you, Dean. So, how did you know where I was?"

"Through the orphanage of course," Alice laughed.

"That's mainly all I wanted to know... aside from one other thing," I felt my feet twitching a bit, under the table. I shoved my hands into my lap. "I have these... panic attacks all the time. Do you know anything about that?" I turned, and looked out the window.

"Oh. You get that from me," Alice sighed. "It was an illness that can only be passed down through genetics. It got quite rare through the years, but it was still possible."

"But you seem so... happy. I think." I mumbled.

"Yes, I did have it. That is until I was fixed."

"Fixed? I can get rid of it?" I smiled. I quickly braced myself for a panic attack, but one didn't come. I settled down with new questions running through me.

"Seems you're already figuring it out." She smiled.

"What does that mean?"

"The way you get fixed is by finding a hidden love within someone. Like me with Dean." She smiled. "I don't have panic attacks anymore."

"Well, I may be finding love, but I wouldn't know, because-"

"You've never felt it before," Dean smiled. "Your moth- Alice told me it was a very energizing to have that feeling for the first time."

"I haven't been getting panic attacks when I smile, or try to get snappy with someone. Does that mean it's getting fixed?"

"Yes, and those emotions are happiness and anger. Anger was a interesting start," Alice laughed, probably remembering the first time she felt anger.

I looked down, feeling lost. I was falling in love with someone, but I didn't know who, or what that feeling was when I was with them.

"I've also been getting this, warm, energetic, fluttery feeling in my chest whenever I'm around people I care about. What is that?"

They smiled at each other very sweetly.

"Love," the smiled in sync.

When I got home Aaron was waiting on the porch steps. I felt my heart start to race a little when he smile. "Hey! Where have you been?" He yelled.

I walked up to him and shook my head. "I went on a walk, why?"

"You didn't bring your phone?"

"No."

"Shu and I have been trying to get you to play for a while now. I came over to see if you were still alive," he joked.

"Well do I look alive?" I raised an eyebrow.

"It would be bad if you didn't," he smiled, standing up. "Would thy FK like to play through a few dungeons with the lady healer Shu and myself?" He said in a medieval voice, bowing.

"Eh, you guys are boring," I shrugged. He looked up at me with an agitated look on his face.

"Excuse me?"

"I'm only teasing, geez, get a grip Aaron," I rolled my eyes. He facepalmed and sighed.

"I am sorry, I did not know you were capable of joking," he said in a robot voice.

"Okay now you're just being rude," I glared. I shoved past him so I could get on the porch.

"I was only kidding, because you can't feel emotions or whatever." I spun around on my heels, glaring down on him.

"I know we've only been friends for like a week, but even someone as simple minded as you should know that it's not exactly funny to tease someone with any rare condition, disease, whatever the hell it is I have. I may not feel most emotions, but it still bothers me when people tease me about it, saying I'm like a robot."

"But I didn't say th-"

"Yes. But you were implying that... weren't you?"

He stayed silent.

I nodded, and bit my lip. "That's what I thought, you're just like my... you're just like everyone else."

"(Y/N), look I'm sorry. I didn't know-"

"Didn't know what?" I snapped. I ran my fingers through my hair. "Look just stay away from me okay? I don't want any trouble between us."

"Please, just hear me out-"

"You should probably leave." I turned around to see my dad standing in the door way. "You bothered my daughter so get off my property, boy."

"Sir, just let me explain-"

"Go!" My dad yelled. "Don't make me blow a fuse!!!" I saw Aaron's face turn red from anger, and he started walking down the path, and turned around to say something, but seemed too angry to do anything about what he was feeling.

He just stormed down the driveway, hands curled into fists, arms straight and stuck out by his side's. Legs stomping up a storm. He looked angry enough to throw at least twelve werewolves out a window.

My dad wrapped an arm around my shoulder. "How was your walk?"

"Fine," I mumbled. I felt empty all of a sudden, like I was the smallest thing in the world.

I don't know why, but it was aching inside me already, and I felt like it was because of the things I said to Aaron.

I felt like I was dying, suffocating, I felt... like I was having a panic attack.

Because I was.