Chapter 16

"So... does that make us something?" I whispered.

"I don't know. I'm new to this," he laughed. I bit my lip and nodded.

I finally felt something... and it was good. There's no way I was ever going to let it go.

I quickly pulled Aaron into a hug, this took him aback, but he hugged me a second later. He rubbed my back lightly. "Hey, it's okay."

"I just don't was to lose you now that you're here... the one."

"You're never going to lose me."

"Are you sure?" I urged.

"Why would I ever let something so beautiful, smart, lovable and perfect go?"

"Perfect may be a bit of an overstatement," I laughed pulling back to look at him.

"Well, not to me," he kissed my forehead and I rolled my eyes. "Would you like to go tell your mom?"

"Uh... can we... wait a little while? She needs some time to reset before she can feel better."

"Okay... well I have a question."

"Now what would that be Mr. Lycan?"

"So, we're being formal now Miss. (L/N)?" He teased.

"Shut up. Don't make me punch you." I smirked holding up my fist.

"Please... do as you wish," he laughed.

"Eh, I'm too lazy. Anyways, what were you going to ask?"

"Well, would you like to be my... girlfriend?"

"Well... I don't know." I pressed my lips together, pretending to think.

"What?" He looked confused. I quickly kissed him. Nothing too grand, just a small peck. I smiled at his serious face.

"Just in case you didn't know... that's a yes!" I laughed.

"I figured." He smiled. I yawned, and laid down on my back. "Is my little friend tired?" Aaron asked rolling over next to me.

"What do you think?" I turned my head to him.

"Yes?" I patted his cheek.

"Yay! You got it right!" I laughed, moving to lay down in a more comfortable position. I felt him press his lips against my forehead.

"See you at school tomorrow," he whispered. I smiled and fell asleep.

When I woke up the next morning I changed into my uniform, and let my hair down for the first time this year. I pulled on my shoes grabbed a piece of toast and left.

When I walked out of the room I saw Aaron sitting on the steps. "Hello, my friend!" I laughed. He turned around, and stood up, grinning.

"Hello." He gave me small peck and we headed to school.

"So, how was your house?" I asked, finishing my toast.

"Boring. You?"

"Tear filled," I sighed. "She was crying all night."

"Well, what did you expect?"

"I'm not sure. I'm new to all this... touchy, feely stuff," I shivered. He chuckled at my reaction.

"Are you going to tell any of your friends?"

"Friends? What are those?" I joked.

"Wow, you're so funny," he pretended to laugh, then laced his fingers with mine. I looked up at him.

"What's this?" I asked gesturing to our hands.

"Wow, okay. It's called holding hands. Normal couples do it."

"But neither of us are normal."

"Fair enough. You're a fixed emotionalist and I'm the alpha of our school werewolf pack... even though I'm not a werewolf."

"That makes a very good story," I shook my head laughing. I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I pulled it out of my pocket. "It's Aph."

"Cool take it." He nodded. I picked up.

"Hey Aphmau!"

"...Are you sick? You sound... happy."

"I'm fine. Why you calling?"

"I'm going to prom... are you!?"

"Yes, actually I am. Who are you going with?"

"Garroth! Wait... you're going? With who???"

"Well... he's kinda my boyfriend."

"Really!?"

"I'm with him right now."

"Send me a picture of you two!" She squealed before hanging up. I snorted and went to my camera.

I took a selfie of me and Aaron. He had stuck his head next to mine and made a goofy face as I rolled my eyes. I sent it to her and she called back.

"AARON!?!??!!?"

"Is that a prrrrrrooooobbbbbllllleeeemmmmm!?!?"

"No! I'm so happy for you!!!"

"Thank you!"

"Anyways, would you take this in consideration of going shopping for a prom dress with me?"

"Sure. I'd love to."

"Kay, see you at school!!!"

"Bye."

For the rest of the day Aaron walked me to class and before he left he'd kiss my forehead. This really made Garroth and Laurance question.

I just ignored them though. Turns out that works. When it came down to sixth hour Aaron and I were holding hands under the table, and passing notes.

Mostly little childish things. He said I needed to catch up with the "childhood romance". He passed me a note right before class ended.

Hi!😘
(Y/N)+Aaron= 4ever

I smiled at the childish note and squeezed his hand. The bell rang, and we bolted out the door, laughing for no reason.

We ran out of school, and down the streets to the park. I ran to the nearest tree and started climbing with Aaron right behind me. I sat at the top, waiting for him impatiently. "What's taking you so long!?"

"I'm coming! Just hold on!" He laughed. A minute later he hoisted himself up next to me on the branch.

"Bonjour," I laughed.

"Well, hello to you too," he smiled. "How was your day?"

"Pretty good!" I smiled.

"Prom's on Friday... and it's Tuesday. Are you excited?"

"Yeah," I grabbed his hand.

"Are you going to tell me anything?"

"Like what?"

"I don't know?" He laughed. "How are you holding up?"

"About?" I looked at his dark brown eyes.

"Your... dad?" He looked nervous.

"Oh, that... well, I'm, yeah, I'm fine I guess. You see the thing is I never really knew how I felt about him, but... now I really don't know, so I'm more confused than anything."

"That's okay. I'll help you figure it out. Trust me. I'm never going to let you solve any of your problems on you own."

"Thanks," I smiled, tucking hair behind my ear.