||Obedience||

"Where are you going?"

"Who are you going with?"

"Think before you act, Annabelle."

"Annabelle?"

Annabelle snapped out of her daze and turned to Caroline. She's holding out her phone for her to read the argument between some unfaithful friends.

Unfaithful.

Annabelle still knows she was unfaithful, although not always regretting it, she knows it was a bad deed done and fortunately for her and Olen, Arthur kept everything he knew to himself. The twins were more distant since the happening, Arthur tried to avoid his sister at all costs, even went as far as keeping tabs on Annabelle on every outing she took. It felt suffocating, as if there was a constant reminder to do the right thing and not do anything impulsively et there was much more to experience out there and now there were going to be restrictions.

"I'm sorry, I'm dozing off, what did Michelle say?" Annabelle asked taking the phone from her.

Caroline rolled her eyes and said, "she said I had been talking behind her back and she lashed out at me, look."

She pointed at a specific message on her phone and Annabelle nodded, stating that Michelle had done wrong by doing that, and how much of a horrible friend she was, everything Caroline wanted to hear. She did not have an interest in Caroline's life at the moment, she was far too busy with her own that had recently caught up, it was best if anyone else's problems just became their owns and not hers. Olen hadn't looked at Annabelle in a week, at least she hadn't taken notice and disappointment flooded through her every being whenever his eyes skipped over hers, Arthur made sure to keep a watchful eye on him and had noticed the same.

"I'll be back," Annabelle told her friend, correction herself when she was asked where to, "the restroom."

"Okay, I'll be here."

Annabelle only nodded her head at her with no intentions on coming back anyways. She was planning on giving Olen a visit, she knew it was bad, but at the moment, every sense was ignored as other emotions rushed in. The emotions of seeing him once again, of being close to him, having him make eye contact with her, it's all she wanted. She questioned why she couldn't leave him, why every time she thought of how forbidden their relationship was all she did was crave it more, maybe that was why. The thought of a relationship no one had a clue about created mystery and excitement, she had been excited at first, unfortunately now Arthur knew and he would not let it continue, now as long as he knew about it. She still wishes either of them would have been more aware that locking doors were a necessity, especially in a place where it could've been anyone and not her brother, in a way she was glad it had been him. She imagined scenarios in which someone totally different would have been behind those doors and the outcome was always the same; everyone finding out.

As she walked the familiar path to Olen's classroom, a very familiar voice called after her, a voice she did not want to face at the moment.

Chris.

"Belle, wait up," he said running up next to her smiling. His smile had captivated her and it never failed to make her heart tingle. That smile was directed only to her and no one else, the thought of it being for someone else made her jealous, although who was she to speak of distrust.

"Chris, I told Caroline I'd be back," Annabelle replied stopping and turning to him.

"I haven't even been near Caroline all day today?"

"Oh. Then where did you come from?" she asked semi-suspiciously.

"Follow me!" he told her ecstatic.