||Abandonment||

It had not been more than a week since Olen made the painful decision to stop talking to Annabelle, he felt dreadful, his emotions had clouded his better judgment and he left. He left Margaret and Matthew behind, he could still remember Margaret sobbing behind him and asking why he was leaving, what she had done to cause him to suddenly leave them behind. He didn't say a thing, all he did was look her in the eyes and remember all the moments they had shared as a family, how he first held Matthew after his wife had been in labor for 14 hours. He remembers so clearly the size of Matthew, so small, so fragile, and all he could do was trust the two people who he would come to know as mom and dad, and now that had been broken. How could he trust someone that simply up and walked away without a single word? Without a single goodbye. Olen knew something good would come of this, he could feel that it would be okay, but it might've been too fast of a move to make.

Now Olen sat in the same hotel room he had checked into last minute. He can tell the night has something good for him, the streets are alive, it's Friday and everyone will be out for a while, including himself. All he was waiting on was a response from Annabelle, he had to know if she would be willing to let him see her this night, that's what he needs, to see her, to feel her in his arms, that's all he needs. It's been just a few minutes since he sent the message out, but he was trying to distract himself from his phone until a notification sounded. It wasn't easy, all he wanted to do was call her and get a quick answer from her, though he wasn't sure as to what she would be doing, even at this hour of time.

He waited a few more minutes before checking his phone and noticing she had read it and was currently messaging back. He quickly exit out the messaging app and waited.

Only a few seconds passed when he heard the notification jingle. He quickly grabbed his phone, his heart beating and his mind running wild.

'From: Annabelle
Where can you meet me right now...'

She had agreed to let him see her and that's all that mattered. He quickly replied he could be at her house in seconds, but she quickly declined that offer and instead asked if he could meet her at a restaurant she was currently in, she had a lot to talk about with him, it seemed. As soon as she told him the name, he grabbed his keys, jacket, and hurried out the hotel room, glad that the doors locked on their own. He made his way down to his car and drive towards the small restaurant. His heart was beating irregularly and his mind was jittery but it didn't stop him from driving towards her. In about fifteen minutes he arrived at the restaurant, his palms were sweaty and he wiped them on his jeans as he left his car. He stopped for a moment.

There she was.

She wasn't in the restaurant, no, she was standing outside looking at her phone, most likely not recognizing that Olen had arrived. She looked just as beautiful as she had before, even more now, but always beautiful in his eyes. As he walked closer to Belle, he hoped she would look at her, finally notice that he was there in front of her, and she did, she looked up and Olen instantly noticed the tears running down her cheeks, her puffy face, and red nose. She had been crying. In an instant he had her in his arms, holding her and letting her cry on his chest, her size compared to his was much smaller and he felt proud of how well she fit into his arms, but that wasn't his priority, his priority was Annabelle, his Annabelle. Her cries were sincere and Olen was really wondering what had caused her to become this way, he hoped it was nothing bad, however, his gut was just letting him know it wasn't anything good either.

He held Annabelle for a few minutes that way, no one speaking and no one moving or pushing away. She soon calmed down but still held onto him, she felt safe in his arms and he knew it.

"Annabelle?" He asked softly.

She didn't respond right away, she sniffled a bit before calming down, still slightly shaking.