Prologue: Little Light

A/N: Heyo ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Here's a small early Christmas gift :)

....you have no idea how long i've been wanting to use the book cover....

ahem anyway, I should have the first chapter out by the weekend

The prologue is a Vivid extra in a way 

----------------------------------------------------------

Prologue: Little Light

Anger and rage tore apart the sanity, only leaving instinct and bloodlust. He could feel an almost joy as he ripped through flesh and bone of his prey. Sweet euphoria, singing shrills of the blood song drowned out the pained wails.

He wanted to stop.

Not he didn't. More.

More. More. More!

The Miasma called him here, just like the beasts. Fragments of war sounded out around him. His rationality was fading in the deep dark night that was tainted with hellfire licking at the stars.

Struggling against the other insanity, the other him, he had kept himself together long enough to find the sweet melody, only for it to be pointed a blade at him. ...He felt amusement for a moment...how curious an emotion- even when facing certain death, the melody still fought. The dreams still sung out.

But the other one was winning. Darkness was consuming. Madness was winning within his internal war. All defences were shattered within the dreams. His other side was tempting to fall into. Sweet euphoria was within reach. He wanted it. Wanted it so badly. To stop this infernal pain. To stop the chains binding tighter. He hated rationality. That wasn't his truth. But he denied it over and over. Endless torment against such exquisite ferocity.

But he could hear something within the black flames of madness. Within the dark, the Dreamer's Melody shone like a small star, embracing him with such warmth. Warmth he hadn't felt in so long...The nostalgic peace the little light brought almost lulled him. It calmed his inner demons almost instantly, quelling their incessant screeching.

He wanted it back. He reaches out to surrender to the soft, warm golden-tinted light.

Only for it to grow dimmer as he took in its warmth.

His insides went cold. He tries to pull away; he didn't want to destroy it. The melody was still strong. Still sorrowful, lonely and desperate but...the light was fading as it gave up its warmth so willingly to him.

He had to stop it.

Stop the light before it faded completely.

But the light ignores him, continuing to deplete itself so that it could heal him.

His eyes shoot open, meeting face to face with the Melody's physical form. His eyes were running with red tears, panic was set in.

He could not comprehend why the child of Dreams looked so...sad?...emotions were not his specialty. Staring into the desperate dark brown eyes, he knew he needed to stop the dreams before the light was lost.

He reaches for the Tranq dart in his pocket and punctured it straight into the boy's gut.

He could feel the warmth leaving him as the boy's presence fades away and his eyes finally shut...the memory of a name was stolen long ago...

X quickly catches him, holding onto his body as gently and tightly as possible.