Chapter Two: Faded Heartbreak

A/N: Hi...been a while...

on the plus side it's a little longer than normal...

and @TryHardTrash sent me a picture of an alternative cover for Vivid and I'll post it up along with the chapter when i get the artist's permission

It's awesome that I'm actually getting fanart!...never thought that'd ever happen

Thank you :)  

If anyone else has any I'm more than happy to put them up along with my updates :)

And thank you for being so patient with me (_   _)" 

-----------------------------------------------

Chapter Two: Faded Heartbreak

After about a week of me lying around, feeling like I was either going to die from breathing or boredom, X reluctantly relayed a message to me from Oz. He finally had the chance to check the SD card that we went halfway around the world to find, completely based on a random reoccurring nightmare that I was having.

Frowning, I realise that that version of Anne seemed to be leaving me alone. Remembering the repeated nightmares made me grimace. Did it sate her? At least for now? Or will she start attacking me again with the many malformed bodies that made me watch and chase at it like a starved dog on a chain. I also realised that I lost her letter and it was probably swept away like rubbish by now. My jaw tightens at the thought that I had lost that connection to her past self. The past Anne that knew that this right now was my present.

I wanted to bolt for the nearest elevator and run up to see the footage. Even though I felt like there had to be something, there was still this nagging in the back of my mind that thinks that there was nothing on it. I bite back on my molars to suppress it, feeling like I'm about to go crazy if I don't check it now.

It didn't take much convincing for me to get up off my ass, even if it's at a slow pace. I even needed help from X to put on a hoodie and he was now hovering around me just as badly as Lady has been. I stare at them both, "Oh for the love of- I'm not some old frail lady that's gonna displace a hip. It's a walk not a triathlon and I promise I won't run up the walls."

"I'll keep that in mind," X states back. "However...considering your current record, you care little for your own wellbeing and do not seem to notice...danger where it strikes. You give more away than you take, you will find that there is less to give and even less to keep. Consumed until none will be the contingency. The light will fade."

I hold back a sigh, because filling my lungs was a bit difficult at the moment. It was slow going, walking through the endless dark tunnels that made up the Abandoned Grounds that was basically an unused subway line that that goddamn Viking converted into his own little hidden underground network plus gym and pool. Now also a secret small medical bay. There's probably a spa somewhere and some sort of rustic theme park.

I watch X's back as he had taken the lead. I had nowhere to go but this reminded me of the time when we were stuck in the tunnels on the other side of Bolin. That endless darkness that only lead me to kill Zoe. I still feel the pain now, squeezing down tightly, constricting my already broken and tired heart.

Urgh, I'm gonna get heartburn at this rate.

After a few more turns in the Tunnels of Doom with only a few ceiling lights guiding me enough so that I don't trip every three seconds, I notice a familiar turn as we head towards a station. The attendant room looked way too familiar for me to misplace the endless days inside that darkness.