Chapter 13

Third person

Over time Sam makes up with Jacob and Bella gets an expensive necklace with a note from the Volturi.

Bella's pov

Everything was falling into place. Even the Volturi seemed to accept my new status. Though they'd want proof eventually. It seemed we had only one enemy left. Time. Renesmee was growing too fast. We are all worried about how long we would have with her. It just made every moment more precious. Renesmee, now looking at least 6 or 7 years old, is playing in the snow with me and Jacob in his wolf form

"Look, a snowflake." Renesmee smiled

"It's beautiful. Why don't you go get another one?" I encouraged. Renesmee runs off to play as Jacob and I watch her.

"Edward thinks that we'll find answers in Brazil. There are tribes there that might know something." I  told Jacob about renesmee. I watched Renesmee as she leaps into the air to catch snowflakes, suddenly we see a figure off in the distance watching them

"Who was that?" Renesmee asks

"I think that's our cousin from Denali. Irina!" I called.

Ruby's POV

Bella called me to the house to talk about Irina seeing renesmee and running. Edward and renesmee are sitting at the piano, bella is leaning against it and I'm sitting on it much to edward dislike.

"Tanya convinced lrina to come reconcile with us." Carlisle explained getting off the phone.

"It looks like she changed her mind." Edward said.

"Seeing Jacob must have been too much for her." Esme sympathised.

"She needs to get over it" I grumbled.

"Wish I could have just spoken to her." Bella sighed.

"She's family. She'll come around." Carlisle insisted. Edward starts playing the piano.

"Your so boring, I'm going to play video games. Coming Emmy" I asked Emmett. Over the last few weeks while Jacob's been making up with Sam I've been getting pretty close to Emmett he's like a brother to me now.

"Duh" Emmet exclaimed following me to the TV.

Third person

In Italy we see Irina going to see the Volturi

"What a pleasant surprise." Aro began.

"What do you want? Hmm?" Cauis commanded.

"I have to report a crime. The Cullens... They've done something terrible." Irina babbled.

"Allow me, my dear." Ari says and takes Irina's hand, seeing that the Cullens have created an immortal child

"Oh, my." Aro smiled, seeing what Irina has.

Rubys pov

"Can't you let me win, just once" I wined when Emmett won the game. I heard something smash behind me. Alice dropped a vase. She must be having a vision.

"What is it, Alice?" Jasper asked rushing to her side.

"The Volturi. They're coming for us. Aro, Caius, Marcus, the Guard. And lrina." Alice said.

"Honey, come here." Bella spoke holding her arms out for renesmee.

"Why?" Carlisle asked Alice.

"What did lrina see in the woods?" Edward asked.

"We were just walking." Bella spoke.

"Ness was catching snowflakes." Jacob raved.

"Of course. Irina thinks Renesmee's an lmmortal Child." Edward explained.

"What's wrong with that?" I asked.

"The lmmortal Children were very beautiful. So enchanting. To be near them was to love them. But their development was frozen at the age they were turned. They couldn't be taught or restrained. A single tantrum could destroy an entire village. Humans heard about the devastation. Stories spread. The Volturi were forced to intervene. Since the Children couldn't protect our secret, they had to be destroyed. Their creators grew very attached and fought to protect them. Long-established covens were torn apart. Countless humans slaughtered. Traditions, friends, even families." Carlisle recited the story.

"So the Denalis' mother made an lmmortal Child?" Bella asked.

"Yes. And she paid the price." Carlisle noted.

"Harsh" I gasped.

"Well, Renesmee's nothing like those children. She was born, not bitten. She grows every single day." Bella argued.

"So can't you just explain that to the Volturi?" Jacob asked.

"Aro has enough proof in lrina's thoughts." Edward explained.

"So we fight." Jacob announced.

"Their offensive weapons are too powerful. No one can stand against Jane." Jasper told.

"Alec's even worse." Alice said.

"Well, then we convince them." Bella tried.

"They're coming to kill us, not to talk." Emmett argued.

"No, you're right. They won't listen to us. But maybe others can convince them. Carlisle, you have friends all around the world." Edward continued.

"I won't ask them to fight." Carlisle declared.

"Not fight. Witness. If enough people knew the truth, maybe we could convince the Volturi to listen." Edward pointed out.

"We can ask this of our friends." Esme assures.

*time skip*

"All right. Let's get this show on the road." Jacob says before he sees Sam walking up the house; Sam gives Carlisle a note.

"Alice asked me to give you that. She and Jasper crossed our lands to the ocean last night." Sam said. Carlisle reads the note and looks at the others.

"They've left us." Carlisle sighed.

"Why?" Rosalie asked.

"She didn't say." Carlisle said. Just as my phone buzzed. I looked down a text from kol; an address and a time.

"I've got to go. I'll call you tonight see how the witness thing is going" I rushed out to Bella.

"What where are you going?" Bella asked.

"I'll call you tonight" I called walking down the steps and leaving the cullens house. I ran to Seth's house. I knocked on the door and waited for an answer.

"Ruby. Hi I didn't know you were stopping by" Sue smiled opening the door.

"I wasn't going to. But something happened and I wanted to talk to seth. Is he home?" I asked

"Are you okay ruby?" Sue asked.

"Yeah I'm fine. I just got a text from an old friend and they want me to spend the weekend with them. I'm just making sure its ok with Seth." I said putting on a fake smile.

"Oh, ok, come in. Seth's on his room"

"Thanks Sue" I spok walking to Seth's room.

"Seth" I called knocking on his bedroom door. He opened it with a big smile on his face.

"Hey what are you doing here?" He asked pulling me into a hug.

"What I can't see my imprint?"

"Of course you can. Why don't  you come in my room and tell me the real reason your here" Seth speculated causing me to laugh.

"You know me so well" I giggled. Pecking his lips as I entered his room.