Shattered

"Aro wants the trial to proceed. Today." Demetri informed, a look of regret painted upon his face. It seemed like everyone in the small group was displeased at the turn of events. The tracker sighed in frustration before he landed his finishing blow. "He also wishes for Sybil to attend."

Jane growled at the prospect and pulled Sybil's arm, along with Sybil herself, closer to her. "Why should she be present? Aro know what he needs to, there is no reason for her-"

"Sister." Alec cut her off sternly. "There is also no reason for the girl to not be there. And if Master demands it, it shall be done." he reminded.

"Jane, its fine." Sybil assured with a sigh. Her response surprised the three guards. "I mean- it's not like I could put it off. Especially now that she's here."

Alec's own grip tightened, Sybil now pulled taunt between the twins. If she was uncomfortable with this, she gave no indication to it. Alec and Jane were not prepared for Aro to be ready for the trial so soon. And both of them were certainly not ready for Sybil to be there. Jane didn't want Sybil around the woman she condemned to death, as now Corossa was liable to do as much damage as she could before her eminent destruction. Alec didn't want Sybil to witness an execution, as to him Sybil seemed far too fragile and innocent to be able to handle such a sight. Demetri rather liked the possibly insane vampire girl, and wished to keep her ignorant of how vicious the Volturi truly could be.

With great reluctance, the twins began to steer Sybil towards the elevator, Demetri following closely behind.

In the elevator, Sybil finally got a good look as to what Jane had shoved her into. The sleeves were long and loose until they pinched into a puff at the end of her long cuff, a ruffle lining her wrists. The front was ruffled as well, and the collar was high, black lace ringing around the seam. The dress was black and high waisted, ending below her bust and mid-shin. Two thick straps clasped in the front and crisscrossed on the back.

Sybil snorted. "I look like a Victorian schoolgirl."

"No you don't." Jane said, looking straight forward. "... You look like an Edwardian schoolgirl. The skirt is far too short for it to be Victorian."

Sybil looked at Jane with amusement, fighting off a smile. Alec rolled his eyes at his sister's antics. Demetri breathed out a quiet laugh while he stood in the corner. As the elevator dinged to symbol the end of their brief journey, all previous mirth from the small compartment vanished. Scowls on their faces, the four vampires proceeded to the throne room.

---

Felix met them outside the door. Behind the large wooden masterpiece, the sound of Corossa screaming and pleading resonated though the air.

"I see you all finally made it." Felix hissed, glaring harshly at Sybil, as if the whole troublesome ordeal was her fault. Well... it kinda was. "Aro wished for the nomad to 'turn off', whatever that means, before she enters." he huffed.

Jane and Alec smirked at the large guard's ignorance and Demetri looked over at Sybil in confusion as the girl in question bit back a smile.

"It's okay, I get it. Don't worry." This statement was directed towards Demetri, who was becoming increasingly worried. "I'll be right behind Alec." Sybil said, stepping behind the twins and gently grasping Alec's jacket. Alec swiveled his head to see Sybil as she gave him a small smile. "I'll be fine. Tell Aro I'm there if he needs me to come forward." she assured. Jane stepped behind Sybil, as a barrier to keep the violet eye vampire near the twins.

Demetri watched on in curiosity as Sybil suddenly vanished from all his senses. Curiosity quickly morphed to panic. "Where did Sybil go? I can't sense her." he asked frantically, eyes flickering around the twins.