Chapter Fifteen: Bits and Pieces

I set down the buffing cloth with a grin. The dragon was finished and it looked pretty fantastic. I had tried to keep it close to how a traditional Korean dragon looked but there was only so much i could do with brass gears. However it came out looking rather impressive. The head had thrown me off until I had found some brass wires that I was able to melt down and pour into the cast of the shape that I needed. My first few attempts had bubbles in them so it took me a bit before I was able to get the method just right in casting the molten metal.

I rubbed at the back of my neck before I stood up. There was only a faint ache from the wound on my stomach at the movement. Stinky had pulled the stitches out this morning after he had demanded I let him inspect it. I had to give him credit, he did a rather good job in making the wound look half decent. It wasn't going to scar nearly as badly as I thought it would when I had first saw it.

I looked around before reaching out and snagging my switchblade from where it had been resting on my work bench. I had a delivery to make and with Stinky out and about it was better for me to leave now rather than wait for him to get back. He acted like a mother hen at times and if it wasn't almost grating I would have found it amusing.

I wasn't used to having anyone tell me what I could and couldn't do and Stinky especially had no reason to attempt to control my life. He had made it clear that breeding children with me was something he thought was disgusting, me being his mate was something he viewed as a detriment, and I wasn't stupid enough to believe that mind blowing sex was enough to keep his elitist bullshit views away. Revan was Revan, his issues went far deeper than anything else. Just because he appreciated me blowing him in the shower and shouted my name to the stained tiles it didn't mean his problems went away.

I grabbed my jacket and found a cloth bag to put the dragon in. Sex was sex, it meant little else between us. No matter how much I was sure my body now belonged to him, there was no other outcome to this. If he needed my death to get his beloved kingdom of purity back, I would be sacrificed without a word. I shook the thoughts away as my chest tightened at them. It was no use to dwell on the future what ifs.

I placed the dragon statue into the bag and headed for the door. It wasn't an entirely long walk to the Korean Madame's territory but I knew I had to give myself plenty of time to get back before the sun went down. I was a proficient fighter, I knew I was but I wasn't stupid enough to think that I was safe on the streets at night. I was fairly positive there was a bounty on my head from Mohan. If Ginessa's text about me cutting his balls off and mailing them to her if I saw him were anything to go by. However I was more than willing to tie him up and let Nessa have her go at him. She would make quite the piece with him and it was her right to do so.

I flicked the three locks on the door and opened it carefully. Stinky had fixed the lock and by fix I meant he added three extra strength locks to the door and made sure I had all of the keys while taking the spares for himself. All the while he spoke, in that low and dangerous tone that made my panties embarrassingly wet, about me locking the door at all times and to make sure I double checked everything. Which I responded with out right defiance until I had been given what I wanted, which was a rather intense spanking that ended in mind blowing sex.

When he was gone I was seriously going to miss getting me some of that good stuff. I had said it before, his ego and personality could take a hike but that body of his could stay for all it was worth. I shivered in remembrance as I slipped out of the apartment and dutifully locked the door behind me. I headed to the stairs, my free hand immediately going to press to the wound. It wasn't really needed anymore but it provided a sense of comfort to me that I felt I needed. A protection of a weakness. I just wished I had a more physical way of soothing my beasty.