Chapter Twenty-one: Briodaidh Dannsa

I did my best to search the growing crowd of bodies for my little female. My wolf was pacing with his unease, not liking that we didn't know where she was. After meeting with her mother the females had dragged her away. When I had tried to follow after her, Artair had pulled me in the opposite direction, one of his sons saying something to me in Gaelic and laughing about it with the other males.

The next two hours had been spent letting a wrinkled female mark our skin with black paint. However, only about half the males were painted when I had asked Artair about it he had said only the males that were mated got the marks.

"Eager tah wet yer cock, are ye?" Kagan commented from behind me, clapping me on the shoulder. I tensed up under the touch, casting a narrowed glance in his direction that caused a couple of the younger warriors nearby to laugh. "Yer movin' round like fresh male who donna even know the taste of teat. Sides yer mam's"

Emily's younger brother Calder smirked at his Kagan's remark, chuckling softly. I clenched my hands into tight fists at my side. I would restrain myself from harming the male only because he was Emily's family and I had promised myself I wouldn't hurt her again.

Artair shifted beside me, "If ye don't want Emily tah rip yer throat out, I suggest ye stop teasin' her male." His voice rumbled low as he turned to look at his son over his shoulder. Kagan let out a soft chuckle before removing his hand from my shoulder. I didn't quite understand the relationships these males had with one another. My own father had known only tough love, that is what shaped strong leaders. Yet they seemed jovial and at ease.

"What are we waiting for?" I finally asked feeling my impatience grow to a level that I had never known. Whatever Artair was about to say was drown out by the sound of drums. I turned quickly to see a few males seated in a small half circle, instruments in hand.

I watched as Artair's gaze focused intently on the flames of the fire that stretched toward the heavens. On the other side, through the dancing fire I could see Emily's mother, slowly making her way toward us. I watched the movements of her body, sensual movements that I had seen before.

Artair let out a low rumbling growl beside me. I found it surprising that she moved so gracefully despite the fact that it was clear she could not see where her feet were falling. The music seemed to pick up in pace and she followed the rhythm, twisting and rolling her hips as she moved ever closer to Artair.

Everyone was silent as they watched his female dance, but there was a tension in the air behind as the males stirred. Emily's mother stood before Artair, hips swaying causing the slits in her skirt to show her legs. She was coaxing the Alpha male, reaching for him only to pull back before their skin would touch.

Artair swore under his breath, something in Gaelic that I did not understand. I turned to him with a questioning look, I did not understand the customs of these mountain people. They confused me and my wolf. All we wanted right now was to be with our female. Yet, they kept us apart.

"My piece of the moon enjoys teasin'." His eyes never turned from her as she continued to dance, "Is okay. I'll return tha favor later." He said the last part loud enough to draw a smile across her face and a couple of chuckles from the males behind us.

She twirled one more time before bending forward and putting a finger under his chin, "Come dance with me, Mo rí láidir." The music sped up at her words and slowly the other females began to rise up from the crowd, filtering into the circle around the fire.

Artair rose up from the ground, casting a look down at me, "It's briodaidh dannsa, the matin' dance. Donna worry, Emily will find ye." With those words he let his mate lead him away into, pulling him close as she continued to dance.