Chapter 8: Wish

(Nicole isn't dead... YET)

  Kyle, Lucas, Emma, Bailey and I go out to search for Nicole. We've connected the puzzle pieces. We're ready.

  First things first, we go to her Grandma's house. Her grandma said she hasn't seen her. The only other place I would think she would be is an abandoned place. I looked up "abandoned places near me" on my phone and a bunch of places popped up, but the one that caught my eye was, Linda Vista Community Hospital. (A/N this is a real abandoned place in LA, yes i looked it up)

  "What'ya doin'" Kyle asked me when he turned around from looking at the window

  "What'ya doin'" Kyle asked me when he turned around from looking at the window. Kyle, Emma and I sat in the backseat and Bailey and Lucas sat in the front.

  "Hey, put this on GPS," I told Lucas tapping on his seat, "Bailey follow the directions."

  "Okay we're looking for an... abandoned hospital? What?" Lucas questioned.

  "Just do it," I said.

  Emma and Kyle stared at me. I said, "I know her, she's my best friend."

  Bailey pulled the car to the side of the road.

  "What are you doing?" I asked her.

  "She's my sister. I know her. Alexis is right," Bailey confirmed and turned back around and continued driving. I always thought that Bailey really didn't care about her and new barely anything about her, I was wrong. "610-30 South St. Louis Street. Boyle Heights neighborhood. Here we come Linda Vista!" Bailey yelled.

  10 minutes later we pulled up into a parking space that was in an empty parking lot. Bailey pulled the keys out of the ignition. I breathed in and held my breath. I breathed out. I stepped out and we all made our way to the front of the building. It looked pretty decent. It was a huge white building that had thousands of windows. The grass was not well taken care of, it was a light brown color. We saw a sign that read, "Linda Vista Community Hospital". It was written in a very unusual font. It looked like some kind of Halloween font.

  We opened the doors to the hospital and that's when it struck. On the outside it looked like a regular working hospital, but on the inside it was broken down and dark. We took out our phones and turned on our flashlights.

  "Look we need to scatter out."

  "But in twos and threes. I get scared easily," Emma added, "Like over there in the waiting room, why is the window shattered and some of the chairs flipped over?" Emma wondered, pointing over at the chairs.

  "Alright, Bailey and I will be together while you three can or Kyle Lucas, one of you can be by yourself," I explained. I heard a thud. I turned around and I saw a black cat had flipped a table over.

  "How?" I questioned.

  "No thanks. We'll all be a trio," Kyle said.

  "Yeah," Lucas followed up.