Chapter 14: Regret

-Lose those lazy love lies-Oh Wonder

Oh Wonder

"Really, Alexis? He's gonna kill you when he finds out," I said. 

  Alexis puts down her phone on my bed. "Well, it's not my fault your parents are all superstitious, and Kyle is very gullible. Oh, and I'm not sorry for me being able to impersonate your mom," Alexis scoffed.

  Six minutes later, Kyle and Lucas came knocking on the door.

  Bailey jumped up from the couch, paused Netflix - which was, of course, The Office - and ran to the door. I assumed she thought it was her boyfriend, Aaron Palmer.

  "Hey... you're not Aaron. Uh, Nikki and, um, Alex are in the living room." Bailey said once she opened the door.

  "We're not here to see them. Um," Kyle said, "you're mom said she saw a ghost in the kitchen. She said you, Nikki, and Alexis weren't responding when she was screaming."

  "Uh, wha--what are... my mom's not even home, When--when'd you get my mom's number?" Bailey stuttered.

  Alexis and I were giggling in the background. We got up from the couch, ran to the door, and pulled Kyle and Lucas inside by their wrists, and Bailey walked off, rolling her eyes.

  "I thought your mom was going insane or something," Kyle commented. 

  "No, no. She's not insane unlike you," I replied.

  "Dude!" Kyle yelled, punching me in the arm.

  "You thought retarded meant fireproof vixenxx13 ," I protested.

  "I was eleven, Nicole!"

  "So? That's the age where you start to realize that things you thought in elementary school were stupid since you were moving on to middle school. I assume you went through transition later in life than the rest of us. I mean, not that Lucas even went through that transition until he was like twelve. But you were like fourteen when you realized that you're dumber than you thought."

  "Oh. So now we're calling people dumb here?" Kyle said.

  "Not exactly. You two are just... less--less fortunate than the rest of us when it comes to the brains."

  "I hate you," Kyle and Lucas said in unison.

  "I love you all, too." I smiled.

  Kyle rolled his eyes.

  "You know," Alexis said, "tomorrow we're taking you back to that place, Nikki, and you're going to enjoy it. I promise."

  I asked, "You sure about that?"

  "I'm absolutely sure about that," she confirmed.

  "Well, guys, happy Thanksgiving! Now leave," I said, pushing Lucas and Kyle out of my house.