Chapter 12: Presidency

WARNING: UNEVENTFUL CHAPTER :(

  Today is the day. The day where the student body president gets chosen. I root for Lucas. We put in effort for this election: self-advertising. Sarah sat back, and watched her little minions do the work. She kept her popularity high up in the ranks. Her relaxing state caused me to blow.

  "Will the following students please come to the gymnasium: Sarah Allen, Lucas Reed, Melanie Carne, Victoria Willards, and Andrew Millard," our principal, Mr. Bates, said over the loudspeaker. Those were the nominees for student body president. Mr. Bates just so happens to be Sarah's uncle. Which makes everything worse. Mr. Bates always lets Sarah off the hook. Sarah runs this school, literally.

  Victoria was in my class, first period-physics, at the moment Mr. Bates called her. She got up; gathering her things, and left the classroom. My classmates got all piped up knowing that they our about to see who may be the new student body president. They spent a week casting their votes; now it's the big day.

  "Settle down, guys. You're 16 and 17-year olds. You should know better," our physics teacher, Mr. Lane, said. We should know better, but we don't. 

  A few minutes later Mr. Bates called for us by grade-level. When he got to eleventh grade we all went downstairs to the gymnasium. I met up with Alexis, Kyle, and Emma as soon as I saw them. I see Lucas and the other nominees guiding us to the bleachers. Yeah, I think we now where the bleachers are, but okay. Sarah comes up to crossing her arms.

  "Lucas is going down, sister," she said-looking at me. 

  "He is not, Sarah," I insisted.

  "We have a little time before it starts. Would you like to join me on a journey," she asked us. Lucas comes up to us.

  "Hey," Sarah said to him. "Come along, friends, join me on my journey," she insisted as she locked arms with Lucas and Kyle; laying her head on Lucas shoulder. "You see, I get all the boys and you get yourselves, unfortunately." I don't know why, but when she laid her head on Lucas, I felt a rise of jealously in me. Something that I've never felt before. Sarah means nothing to Lucas: Why'd I feel like that? Lucas and I will never be anything more than friends. I have no feelings towards him. When did I start developing these "feelings"? "Feelings" that I've never known I had.

  She tugs at their arms pulling them to the entrance of the gymnasium. Lucas and Kyle pulled away in an instant.

  "Uh-uh. We--we really don't want to join you," I stammered.

  "That was not up for negotiation, we're going," Sarah explained. She grabbed all of us by arms out of the gymnasium. 

  "What do you want, Sarah?" Alexis questioned.

  "You'll see," Sarah responded.

  She stopped in front of the janitors' closet.

  "Come on, Sarah, we need to go back," Kyle commented. She ignored Kyle, and opened the closet door. She pushed us in, along with her; closing the door behind her.

  "If you do happen to get presidency, you won't be able to receive it if you're in here," Sarah stated. She opened the door shutting it behind us. She locked it. 

  "Let us out!" we yelled.

  "You deserve to suffer," she commented. I heard her footsteps fading away in the distance. Alexis, Lucas, Kyle and Emma banged on the door. I stood in the corner thinking. Thinking about how, what, and why: Why did she do this? How is this possible? What makes her think that she can do this? Why am I thinking the way I'm thinking?

  "Guys, stop," I finally said. "Everyone is in the gym. No one is going to come to us. We have to get out ourselves."

  "Maybe, if Alexis stopped elbowing me in the stomach when she pushes on the door, we would actually get out of this mess," Kyle accused.

  "Hah. Maybe, if Kyle were to stop complaining about his physical pain, we would get out of here," Alexis starts. "Oh, and don't start acting all innocent, Lucas. Because you're not. You're just trying to stay calm because you think this is fine. If we don't get out, you're not becoming the student body president. Do you not understand that?"

  They all start accusing and insulting each other-pointing fingers at each other. I hated it. Emma backed up from them. She was frustrated.

  "Move, guys. Move," I forced them. They rolled their eyes at me and moved out of the way. I used my powers to knock down the door.

  "You know you're paying for that," Alexis commented.

  "I'm rich. I can pay," Kyle added. I rolled my eyes.

  "Let's go," I said; motioning them to come along.

  We rushed to the gymnasium.

  "Well, if Lucas isn't here to accept the presidency, then we must go to the runner-up. Sarah Allen, our new student body president; for the third time in a row," said Mr. Bates. He smiled, devilishly. 

  "No, no, no," I said quickly as we all rush inside. "He is here to accept!"

  "Uh, uh," he hesitated. "Sorry, Sarah and the rest of you. Um--Lu--Lucas is here to accept his presidency. Out of the five of you, he got the most votes."

  Lucas speed-walked to the podium. Mr. Bates pulled Lucas into to his side and whispered something in his ear.

  Lucas replied back, "Ask your niece." He shoved Mr. Bates off of him. He gave his long awaited speech. 

  We stared at an angry looking Sarah. Her plan can't stop us from getting where we want to be in high school. Sarah is just another arrogant mean girl in high school who cheers on for the football team in high hopes of becoming a princess-in her dreams.

---------------

very uneventful oh and nicole is going to start using her powers more often.

new character who will be introduced sooner or later

SONG: The Judge
ARTIST/BAND: twenty one pilots
ALBUM/EP: Blurryface

PUBLISHED: Tuesday, March 21st, 2017

WORD COUNT: 1017